& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Old fan, new member!

Re:Old fan, new member! 11 years 1 month ago #7662

• newiejudy
Welcome to you both Toni & Mike!
I am certain you will enjoy being with us all here on the forum. I (like Cheri) have been lucky enough to meet some of them in person when I travelled over for the Birmingham show last year (& also got to see shows at Milton Keynes & Cambridge). Am now saving madly to come back over in 2014. Mike, I'm an Aussie & live up in Newcastle - also waiting with baited breath for Steve to announce he is still coming over here for a tour!!! - Message to Steve - DON'T FORGET US!!!!
Love
Judy
xxx
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Old fan, new member! 11 years 1 month ago #7674

• Toni-rebel
Well, I have some catching up to do. So I just bought Steve's last album and also couldn't resist the Cavaliers set. Although I will always love my vinyl Menagerie and Psychomodo, it'll be nice to have them on CD plus the extras :)
Toni

Re:Old fan, new member! 11 years 1 month ago #7680

• fantom
I was playing 'Tumbling Down' in the car and my wife said that it reminded her of early Marillion.
Fish posted on his website that he was going to see Steve at Birmingham and that he was a big fan so it appears that he was very influenced by him, did anyone see him at the concert.

Re:Old fan, new member! 11 years 1 month ago #7722

• Rebel
You were doing so well...until you mentioned Morrissey - urrrgh.
Could never understand what people saw in the Smiths!
Anyway, you redeemed yourself by having SH on your list.

Shame you stopped at 3 albums, because in my humble opinion his 4th was possibly his best. If you have not heard 'Timeless Flight' then it is a must for any Harley fan and would suggest you head straight to Amazon. You won't be disappointed.

Re:Old fan, new member! 11 years 1 month ago #7723

• Toni-rebel
I have now aquired Stranger and like it alot.
The Smiths and Morrissey are not totally unlike Steve, some the things that drew me to Steve are there with Morrissey. I get this all the time though, Moz is marmite you either love him or hate him with a passion. I love him :)
  • Page: