Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Old fan, new member!

Old fan, new member! 11 years 2 months ago #7647

• Toni-rebel
Just saying hello. I discovered Steve as a 14 year old and loved him to the point of obsession! I wore out my Human Menagerie, literally. Still have the one I replaced it with and my Pyschomodo and Best Years but must have got lured away by other music after that.. I wasn't allowed to travel down south to see him live at the time. I saw him for the first time this week at Buxton and loved the gig.
Glad to have rediscovered him again although he was never really forgotten :)
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re: Old fan, new member! 11 years 2 months ago #7648

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
Welcome Mezzatoni.
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Re: Old fan, new member! 11 years 2 months ago #7652

• Pandorah
Yes Welcome . &
Many happy returns :-)
Buxton was brilliant . Great mixture of the old and new .
Hope you grabbed yourself a copy of the latest album Stranger comes to town Mozzatoni :-)

Re: Old fan, new member! 11 years 2 months ago #7653

• cheri
Welcome, Mozzatoni! I discovered Steve and his music late, about two years ago. Tragically, we do not have him in America. Nevertheless, I became so enthralled that I travelled to England twice to see him perform. You are very lucky to have gotten in on the action early. I love him to death and hope to be able to see him perform again sometime. It's just not fair that he doesn't play in America. You will find the people on this forum to be very friendly and helpful. I was fortunate to be able to meet many of them at the concert in Birmingham last November and they are "friends for life". :; Looking forward to sharing the journey with you. :)

Cheri

Re:Old fan, new member! 11 years 2 months ago #7656

• Toni-rebel
Thankyou. I still only have those first three albums plus More Than Somewhat so I think you are all more expert than me now! I will take a trip to Amazon and catch up. I almost saw him at Buxton last time, I live nearby, but got the dates wrong and he had gone :( This time I was there on the Sunday to see Richard Hawley and Steve was there next day. Lucky :)
My obsession is returning, I always go head over heels for my music loves. Pulp and Jarvis Cocker hold a special place in my heart, seen Jarv over 50 times. Morrissey though is the one occupying the place in my heart held by Steve all those years ago.
Hope to meet some of you at my next Steve outing. This site is great and the forum seems very friendly, unlike Moz forums!
Toni xx

Re:Old fan, new member! 11 years 2 months ago #7661

• mikehemsley
Hi there. I just joined up too. I was a great fan growing up in the UK in the seventies. I remember him doing Judy Teen on Top of the Pops which was the first time I saw him. Hooked on Steve's music after that. I've been in Australia for the past 25 years and on trips back to the UK I always looked for a gig Steve might be playing but never got the timing right.
I found out only ysterday that Steve was in Oz last year and appeared on Rockwiz - it's recorded in Melbourne just down the road from where I live now. I understand he's touring Oz later in the year so I'll be watching out for those dates!:woohoo:

Cheers,

Mike.
  • Page: