Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hello Everybody.... Newbie

Hello Everybody.... Newbie 11 years 10 months ago #5411

• GedKen
Erm, hi all... these are tenative keystrokes for me. Great to wander through this site - there is so much. It is fantastic.

I've been on it many times but I haven't registered until now.

Steve's work has been with me for most of my life. It has been a warm comfort during very dark days, and a freshet of pure joy during the good times. Always there.(Think 'The Lighthouse')

I look forward to sharing this marvellous site with you all.

Ged
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Hello Everybody.... Newbie 11 years 10 months ago #5414

• AlizarinStag
  • Mr. Jinx
Hello! Welcome officially then since you are now official! Pleased to make your acquaintance. ;)
We've all been through bad times, but you gotta pass on the good stuff to others, not the bad. "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." -Angel

Re:Hello Everybody.... Newbie 11 years 10 months ago #5415

• crazy horse
WELCOME TO THE PLEASUREDOME DUDE!

Re:Hello Everybody.... Newbie 11 years 10 months ago #5421

• cheri
Hi, GedKen. :) I was once new to the site and was met with a lot of very warm, enthusiastic and helpful fans. They helped me discover the wealth of music that Steve has to offer. Since I am an American, I hadn't heard about him (what a tragedy) and only discovered him by accident. The people here are awesome, plus Steve himself pops in every now and again, most often by his personal assistant Rachel. Welcome. :) You won't regret registering.

Cheri

Re:Hello Everybody.... Newbie 11 years 2 months ago #7643

• fantom
I attended my first SH show at Buxton and it was totally brilliant. Does anyone have a set list, I do not own many of Steve's albums yet but I enjoyed every song.
I got a copy of 'Stanger' on Monday and really like it and I can remember at least three of the tracks being played, I got 'Cavaliers' last year and haven't stopped playing it since.
Hopefully I will be getting tickets for Manchester next year and I may also try to see him at Holmfirth.
I am a big fan of T-Rex and I was pleased that someone in the audience remembered 'Dandy In The Underworld', has Steve ever done his own version of this song at any concerts?
I am 49 and have seen lots of concerts but SH is certainly one of the best performers ever.
I think that Steve really seems humble and appreciates the people who have come to see him and I hope that this will be only the first of many nights watching a vastly underrated and original genius playing live.

Re:Hello Everybody.... Newbie 11 years 2 months ago #7644

• RachelPAtoSH
Welcome, fantom.
Many thanks for your kind words about Steve - he is due in our office tomorrow for a phone interview re Isle Of Wight festival, and I will show him.
He is humble, to be totally honest. He respects the travel and costs put in by his fans and appreciates all their efforts and kind support.
  • Page: