Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Maelitta

Maelitta 14 years 3 months ago #300

• Maelitta
After a few posts, it's time I present myself to the members of this forum.

First thing to say is that I'm french : that explains my probably strange ways of writing english and my slowness to understand british humour sometimes (hi guys ! :blush: ).

Second thing to say is that I know Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel fort about 25 years. I have all the albums. My first "shock" was the day I discovered The Psychomodo. After that, I began to buy the most albums (vinyls) I could find ; not that easy in France ; got them "Import" or even during trips in London.
To be honnest with you, Steve is not overknown in France (it is an euphemism ...). Personnaly, for a while, I only knew 3 personns liking him. Not a few indeed, but hard fans ... Because yes, when you listen to The Psychomodo or The Human Menagerie, you just fall on your knees.
But since, I have let him know to a few of my friends. So we must be a little bit more being fans, today :lol:
For me, Steve Harley is not specially glam (I let that to the poor Gary Glitter), he just arrived as the time was at glam stuff. He invented many things. And many rock stars have "borrowed" things to Steve Harley ; I suppose the guy didn't give a damn being on the front scene, on TV shows, etc : he let the make up and the feathers to others ; that is also that I like with him : he seems to be very casual (right word ?), almost humble.
Sometimes, I write on an website. I wrote about The Psychomodo one time. Here it is, for those who can read french : whpd9616.free.fr/cockneyrebelpsychomodo.htm.
I hope that helped to let him know better in France.
(try this link as this one doesn't seem to work : whpd9616.free.fr/listelpwoman.htm)

My others tastes in music go to Sparks, T-Rex but also actual things like The White Stripes, Muse (houuu !), The Dresden Dolls and many others ...

But Steve Harley remains major in my life ...
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Maelitta 14 years 3 months ago #302

• cockneyrebel1
Maelitta, I promise you, you will not be disappointed when you see SH perform live. I was a fan way back in 1974, but due to all sorts of bizarre events, had tickets for 17 concerts, none of which I was able to attend. I finally saw SH live for the first time 30 years later, in 2004. And believe me, it was well worth the wait. Look forward to your gig: You will enjoy every minute of it!!!!! B)

Re:Maelitta 14 years 3 months ago #306

• raffles
They do a great live show, Maelitta - book your tickets!!!
I hope to hear from Rebel fans where to meet before Shepherds Bush for a beer, if news gets posted, you should join us.

Re:Maelitta 14 years 3 months ago #307

• Maelitta
It's not booked yet but very soon ; it will be Holmfirth as adviced by Hobo, a harleysian from here ;)
Not sure that lots of you will be at Holmfirth, is it ? Anyway, if there is one or two fans around Yorkshire, let me know !

Re:Maelitta 14 years 3 months ago #310

• Cocnerebel
There will be lots :)

Re:Maelitta 14 years 3 months ago #311

• Maelitta
:woohoo:
  • Page: