Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Newbie

Newbie 14 years 3 months ago #285

• COVENTRY DAVE
Dave here, from Coventry. Seen Steve about 20 times going back to Feb 74, the 2nd gig i ever went to ! The band was wearing the suits that are on the cover of The Human Menagerie ! Saw the original band twice, the 2nd time, Aug 74, they were supported by the original Be Bop Deluxe. I still say The Human Menagerie is the best & most original debut album EVER released !!!! And i've got the Radio 1 In Concert they did, Jan 74, in its entirety !
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Newbie 14 years 2 months ago #321

• Rebel
Hi Coventry Dave, another Coventry Dave here.

Also seen Steve about 20 times from around mid 70's. First got in to CR when my mate (another Coventry Dave! - see Cockney Rebel Memories from an earlier forum) introduced me to Psychomodo. Loved album, but when found out wasn't their first album, quickly bought Human Menagerie, which I couldn't believe was even better. Remains today probably my favourite Album of all time (closely followed by 'Amused to Death' - Roger Waters, All Mod Cons - The Jam, 'Man who sold the World' - Bowie, 'The Final Cut' - Pink Floyd, 'Seven' – James….to name but a few).
Undoubtedly HM is the best debut album ever released - the depth and intricacies of the songs along with the superb orchestral arrangement are astonishing for a first attempt.
Even my daughters (15 & 18) who would go out of their way to 'dis' anything I'm in to, have stopped moaning about my choice of music on my car CD player when Death Trip is playing.

Also loved 'Best Years' and 'Timeless Flight'. Although still buy anything SH releases, do not believe have come close to matching the first 4 albums. Would love him, with his new album, to come up with a couple of new epic orchestral masterpieces like Deathtrip , Sebastian, cavaliers etc.

Do you have the Radio 1 74 concert in MP3 format?

Re:Newbie 14 years 2 months ago #323

• COVENTRY DAVE
Hi Dave. Yeah, seen Steve in Cov 5 times. Do like Loves A Prima Donna too, especially Innocence & Guilt. Could NEVER fathom out what possessed him to include Here Comes The Sun instead of the singles B-side-Lay Me Down. It's so much more in keeping with the rest of the album. Here Comes The Sun just sticks out like the proverbial sore thumb !!!! Can't stand the song anyway.
Havn't got the Radio 1 In Concert on MP3, (wouldn't know how to put it onto MP3 anyway !!!!). But i'll gladly do you a copy !! Email me - david.gilbert837906atntlworld.com