Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Old to Steve Harley !

Old to Steve Harley ! 12 years 11 months ago #2221

• stevo145
Greetings, this is my first post. There are not may albums that you can put on from beginning to end,Psychomodo is one of my all time favourites.Often revisited, always moved.I recall seeing Steve at the Liverpool stadium 73/74..I recall the gig was interrupted by a small fire, but continued.As ever, Steve was undaunted,the roof was lifted and I was hooked for life.I shudder when I count the decades on my fingers. Liverpool Empire,time escapes me, Steve actually fell of the stage into the orchestra pit, re-appeared, undaunted, the minstrel, the troubadour, the enigma of the man is as addictive as his charisma and talent. The Cregan acoustic tour 2002 at the Pacific road theatre Birkenhead, Introduced my son, Then again at the Philharmonic in Liverpool, we lapped it up ! He now has his own band following his own path (The Buffalo Riot).A myriad of thank you's 'Mr Nice' for the countless hours of smiles.

PS...Methinks Psychomodo should be performed live from beginning to end with full orchestral arrangement/friends/enemies/whoever, at a fixed venue, I can also think of quite a few numbers that could be thrown in the mix afterwards....Liverpool would be nice (with full health and safety !!)..but hey, who am I......hugs..xxx
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Old to Steve Harley ! 12 years 11 months ago #2222

• cheri
I envy you being "old to Steve Harley", lol. :D I only wish I could have followed his career as you did. I was there, back in the 70s, listening to all the great British rock bands (and American ones). I would have been a big fan. I still can't wrap my head around the fact that Steve never made it in the US. It's just WRONG! ;) Well, I've found him now and love him. I only wish I could see him live. Maybe someday. :)

Cheri

Re:Old to Steve Harley ! 12 years 11 months ago #2223

• stevo145
thanks for the reply Cheri, I'm sure you will one day.....your name actually gets a mention in 'Sebastian', although i suspect the context is more of a term of endearment...Hang in there, keep smilin'

Re:Old to Steve Harley ! 12 years 11 months ago #2224

• Brigade Rider
Hi, Stevo145, I too must confess to being a long time follower, since my sister returned from a night out, raving about this band she had seen at a club in London. I think it was called "BIBA'S of Kensington". Well she soon bought Human Menagerie and constantly subjected me to it. I was hooked and soon bought my own copy! I have had a massive surge of re interest following my attendance at Steve's concert at Chatham, where it has to be said, the hairs on the back of my head stood up! Although the theatre was only about half full, it was incredible. At the moment i have to have the Dutch concert clip permanently playing in the background. Help me!
Alan.