Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Live 2022

Live 2022 1 year 11 months ago #13135

• neil1
Decided not to go to Holborn and visit Nottingham as the venue looked superb. No regrets the sound and the playing was superb. I would recommend this tour to anyone
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Live 2022 1 year 11 months ago #13137

• Jack
I travelled down from Glasgow to Nottingham and could not believe the poor response in terms of the numbers attending (audience).

Live 2022 1 year 11 months ago #13138

• neil1
better to have those that want to be there than a full house waiting for one song. Our little secret Jack. The professionalism of all four to perform to that level deserves a mention and the reviews are always favourable

Live 2022 1 year 11 months ago #13139

• Jack
I agree wholeheartedly. My point was that the band deserved more in terms of audience numbers. The Armadillo in Glasgow was electric and the Human Menagerie/ Psychomodo tours had terrific numbers. I was certainly not criticising the performance in any shape or form. In my humble opinion it was fantastic in that respect.

Live 2022 1 year 11 months ago #13140

• neil1
saw the shows in London and Birmingham of the first 2 albums. You are so right about the musicians they deserve more but I give up with people. I love John Martyn but see him on my own in Croydon on Solid Air tour couldn't give ticket away. Not even to my wife.

Live 2022 1 year 4 months ago #13177

• Jem 75
Noted what you've both said here (and also Jack's separate topic here):

www.steveharley.com/forum/6-general-disc...tingham-7th-may.html

Now, I don't know where the time has gone, but it's 22 years (Oxford, Old Fire Station - small intimate venue comparable in scale to Jazz Cafe in London - though not as good - my view), so I will be interested to see the numbers tonight at Cheltenham Town Hall.

I've only been to a gig there once before (Cheltenham) and that was also this year (Howard Jones/ Nick Beggs/ Robin Boult) and, for me, this venue beats both of the other two I've referred to herein.

The whole facilities are better (personal opinion). The sound is fine. The other thing about it (relevant to both Neil and Jack's comments), there is another 'edge' this venue has. It is comparatively 'narrow' (note I say comparatively, and that is with average size 'smaller' venues, but there is considerable flexibility in the numbers it can take - because the room is quite deep, kind of 'hall like', in a medieval or gothic sense (though there are classical overtones, with columns), so however many fans turn up, it will look good.

All the best to Steve and Cockney Rebel. See ya later...

Massively looking forward to it.