Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Top of the Pops 1974 on youtube

Top of the Pops 1974 on youtube 2 years 5 months ago #13103

• Rebelboy66
Dear Steve.
Was in the audience with my wife Diane at the Town Hall Birmingham when you posed the question off Top Of The Pops and Mr. Soft. You told the story of someone who said they had footage but it turned out to be something unexpected. I am now retired and today have taken to youtube and what do you know I may have found what you have been searching for, well at least I hope so. I simply typed into the search engine, Steve Harley Top of The Pops 1974 and I came up with one-off Steve Wright when he was doing Top of the Pops 2 and found Mr. Soft he made a comment about how rude it to chew gum when singing. Hope this is what you were looking for. Will make my whole life com-[lete and my 66 years have not been totally wasted. Oh before I forget your show and stage presence is awesome and I and my wife Diane thank you from the bottom of our hearts for bringing your music back to life in these terrible times.

Thank you

Bob & Diane Brampton
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Top of the Pops 1974 on youtube 2 years 5 months ago #13104

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
I wasn't at Birmingham but I think it's footage of Judy Teen (not Mr. Soft) on Top Of The Pops that can't be found because it was wiped.
I might be wrong though.
Try asking on Steve Harley's Facebook page.
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.
Please login/register to post on the forum.