& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: UNCOVERED

UNCOVERED 4 years 1 month ago #13017

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
UNCOVERED by STEVE HARLEY.
What a superb new album by Steve Harley.
A brilliant piece of engineering by Matt Butler the sound quality is magnificent. The selection of songs is surprising, magical, inspirational. Cannot wait to hear these interpretations 'live' in Newark Palace theatre tomorrow night.
Wonderful (as a Scotsman) to hear the classic Rabbie Burns poetry set to music.
AE Fond kiss is everything I expected and more. How about enhancing it
at next year's birthday concert with the addition of a piper, it would be amazing.
The musicianship on this whole production is outstanding. The gospel backing singers are a joy.
The unmistakable Jim Cregan playing the acoustic guitar solo on EMMA is up there with the solo on Make me Smile!
My standout tracks on the album are as follows :
AE FOND KISS
HOW CAN I TELL YOU
LOST MYSELF
OUT OF TIME and
STAR OF BELLE ISLE the duet with EDDIE READER.
Tomorrow I would probably choose a different five, the album is that good.
It is fantastic to hear ONLY YOU recorded at last, a song I have heard a number of times live.... What a version this is!!
I can do no other than give this album and production 10 out of 10.
JUST BRILLIANT.
BRING ON UNCOVERED 2 as soon as possible!!!!
I will be in Portugal for a few days from Monday in Lisbon and Porto. I will be finding a bar by the harbour sitting in the sun with a chilled bottle of Chablis and some delicious fresh sardines, and relaxing, listening to this constantly on my wonderful CAMEN headphones.
Jim Pirie, Chesterfield.
But first..... NEWARK PALACE THEATRE ON SUNDAY.
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'
Please login/register to post on the forum.

UNCOVERED 4 years 1 month ago #13019

• new cross boy
  • From 1973 to the present day
Just when you might think Steve could be forgiven for having a bit of a rest he comes up with this wonderful new album.

For me the two stand-out tracks are How Can I Tell You and Only You.

The words of How Can I Tell You are so beautiful and particularly poignant for me as my beautiful wife of 40 years has stage 4 cancer -

"Wherever I am girl I'm always walking with you,
always walking with you,
but I look but your'e not there,
Whoever I'm with I'm always, always talking to you,
always talking to you,
and I'm sad that you can't hear".

Stunning and moves me to tears every time.

I also love the re-imagining of Only You which has always been one of my favourites since I heard it at The Stables in Wavendon in around 1998 when it was just Steve and Robbie. This new C&W inspired version is superb.

We are due to see Steve at Holborn on 5th March - though it depends on my wife's health if we will be able to go - when we have VIP tickets so I'm due to meet my hero for the first time ever. I will be instantly transported back to being 17 years old in late 1973 when I first fell in awe of Cockney Rebel but will almost certainly be too star-struck to speak and will probably just shed a few tears.

Well done on the album Steve. Brilliant as always.
Please login/register to post on the forum.