& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Incident pre gig on Saturday night at pizza expres

Incident pre gig on Saturday night at pizza expres 5 years 11 months ago #12739

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
Have to mention the "incident" before Saturday nights gig at Pizza Express which caused a 20 min. delay to the start.
A lady (Mary I think) suddenly became very ill,vomiting everywhere then slumping on to her bench seat (right next to us).......Enter our very own ROXANNE FITZPATRICK who (being a first aider) quickly assessed the situation and jumped in to action. She realised the lady was in need of sugar water straight away to revive her,so Roxy shouted at people to move,threw tables and chairs out of the way,supported the ladys head and spoke constantly to her to keep her conscious.
Managed to get some sugar water in to her whilst cooling her down with loads of ice cubes wrapped in tissues to the back of her neck.
15 mins later after cleaning her up the lady was well enough to walk out with support to an ambulance.
The show went on....but this was fantastically calm and measured first aid by our ROXY.....Steve was 'aware' of the incident as it happened right next to his dressing room, but not sure if he was aware it was ROXY FITZPATRICK who saved the night.Hope someone from Comeuppance or Steves entourage reads this and lets him know.
Brilliant Roxy ,the facebook group(Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel friends), are proud of you lass.
Jim Pirie,Chesterfield.
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Incident pre gig on Saturday night at pizza expres 5 years 11 months ago #12741

• therebel
That’s our Roxy for you me and Minnie are really proud of her it’s not the first time Jim she great in them situations just like her mum
Was in a frenzy from the midnight air when I saw the light
I realized only children can live upon a timeless flight

Incident pre gig on Saturday night at pizza expres 5 years 11 months ago #12742

• RachelPAtoSH
Hello Jim and The Rebel. Steve knew of the incident and the delay of course. But backstage they had no idea of what had happened. None at all. They were isolated. Please clarify who Roxy is who aided the poor woman. Is she a fan from way back or a new convert?? Maybe someone's guest?
Also, if someone can reach the stricken woman by email/SM, who we hope recovered fully, Steve has insisted she receive a full refund for her ticket(s). We will do that. RACHEL
The following user(s) said Thank You: newiejudy

Incident pre gig on Saturday night at pizza expres 5 years 11 months ago #12743

• RachelPAtoSH
Is Roxy The Rebel's (what is your name sir??) little girl? Sorry if I missed the point...

Incident pre gig on Saturday night at pizza expres 5 years 11 months ago #12744

• therebel
Hi Rachel Roxy is my daughter and a long time fan of Steve’s she’s been going to see him with me since she was about 12 now 33 so she been there a while lol Minnie is her daughter the one in my pic on stage with Steve . Roxy attended with Jim and Jackie mid on the night in question and we’re so proud of her

Incident pre gig on Saturday night at pizza expres 5 years 11 months ago #12747

• therebel
Wow that’s some comment for someone that wasn’t actually at the venue. So in future guys if anyone collapses near you just step over them or even better kick them to oneside hopefully can’t be seen. The lady in question was not unconscious when given sugar water and had requested it from my daughter after her help but hey ho I’m so glad you know better
  • Page: