Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Introduction, girl from South Africa

Introduction, girl from South Africa 6 years 1 month ago #12676

• Santie77
Hello,

I hope you are doing well. When I was in highschool I used to listen to "Make me smile" , even though I had no idea what is about. Then 20 years later I came upon this old favourite of mine. Tonight when I couldnt sleep again, I checked out the meaning and then I also found info on the song that Steve did with Mike Batt - "Whatever you believe". I went ahead and read wikipedia on Steve Harley and then found this site.

Well it looks like you are a family man and this makes me very happy. It also looks like you dislike hypocrisy. I know I am just a lady, who is a stranger, who lives in another country and really knows nothing about you. I just felt compelled to somehow tell you that you are precious in God's eyes, not sure if you believe in Him, but yes. He sees you, He sees your sense of honour. He also values you and your family. So this is a blessing, may He give you the deepest desires of your heart.

Kind Regards
Please login/register to post on the forum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MirrorFreak52

Introduction, girl from South Africa 6 years 1 month ago #12677

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
Dear Santie,
Welcome to the website and especially this forum.
I would imagine Steve is grateful for your blessing and if you could add a prayer for a speedy recovery to Steve's recently broken hip to your list I think that would be appreciated too.
Stella
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Stella Day. Reason: I was being a bit presumptuous
The following user(s) said Thank You: MirrorFreak52, Santie77

Introduction, girl from South Africa 6 years 1 month ago #12680

• cheri
Santie77 wrote:
Hello,

I hope you are doing well. When I was in highschool I used to listen to "Make me smile" , even though I had no idea what is about. Then 20 years later I came upon this old favourite of mine. Tonight when I couldnt sleep again, I checked out the meaning and then I also found info on the song that Steve did with Mike Batt - "Whatever you believe". I went ahead and read wikipedia on Steve Harley and then found this site.

Well it looks like you are a family man and this makes me very happy. It also looks like you dislike hypocrisy. I know I am just a lady, who is a stranger, who lives in another country and really knows nothing about you. I just felt compelled to somehow tell you that you are precious in God's eyes, not sure if you believe in Him, but yes. He sees you, He sees your sense of honour. He also values you and your family. So this is a blessing, may He give you the deepest desires of your heart.

Kind Regards

Hi, Santie. :) You're not the only one who has been caught in Steve's "net" who live far away and hadn't had the experience of listening to his music when he started in the early 70s. He has many fans from that period who continue to follow him and he is still performing! I "discovered" him in 2010 and was so compelled to hear him perform that I flew all the way from California, USA. That was in 2011. I came again in 2012 and 2013, and most recently last year to hear him in London and Amsterdam. They are special, special memories. There are others: Florencia, from Argentina, heard "Sebastian" and flew to England in 2016 and 2017 to see him perform.
She heads a Facebook group for people old and new. Judy, from Australia, has flown to England twice that I know of, in 2012 and 2014. And there are others. It's a phenomenon, really. Steve really resonates in a big way with some people. The fans are great. I've met a lot of them and it's the oddest feeling that I feel that I've always known them. I've made lasting friendships. I wish I could come all the time, but I'm too far away. I'm sure I'll see him again. Welcome to the group!! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Santie77

Introduction, girl from South Africa 6 years 1 week ago #12712

• Santie77
Hi Stella, thank you for your reply! It was easy to keep Steve in my prayers the past month or so, as I also had an operation mid March. Its always a blessing to be able to pray for healing for people. Blessings to you too, I hope you have a chance to enjoy nature where you are.

Introduction, girl from South Africa 6 years 1 week ago #12713

• Santie77
Hello Cheri, thank you so much, I find it all very interesting. I am a bit erratic with regards to social media, please excuse my late reply. to be honest I was not expecting any replies.
Kind regards
Santie