Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Parr Hall Warrington

Parr Hall Warrington 6 years 8 months ago #12352

• Terry Smith
Did anyone else who attended the gig at Parr Hall think that what would otherwise would have been a fantastic concert, was spoiled by the abysmal sound?

Was it the acoustics of the venue? This was my first visit to the Parr Hall and for me it was too loud. I usually see Steve at Birmingham Symphony Hall where the sound is first class.
Last Edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Terry Smith. Reason: spelling correction
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Parr Hall Warrington 6 years 8 months ago #12353

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
Terry it was a fantastic concert. Did the sound quality spoil it for me.?
If it did the effect was only marginal.
Most gremlins were sorted out at the beginning of the first half as far as I could tell but I'm no expert and I'm not as used to Symphony Hall standards as you are.
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Parr Hall Warrington 6 years 8 months ago #12354

• Terry Smith
Then I think we'll just have to agree to disagree Stella. I just hope the sound is better at Neal's Yard in October. Just been talking a friend who's 'in the business' and he says Parr Hall is notorious for poor sound - so perhaps I need to apologise to FOH Sound Engineer

Parr Hall Warrington 6 years 8 months ago #12355

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
Terry Smith wrote:
Then I think we'll just have to agree to disagree Stella. I just hope the sound is better at Neal's Yard in October. Just been talking a friend who's 'in the business' and he says Parr Hall is notorious for poor sound - so perhaps I need to apologise to FOH Sound Engineer
Terry, I was sitting in the front row. The sound is never the best there but it is the best view.
By the way, when referring to Neal's yard I assume you mean Nell's?
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Parr Hall Warrington 6 years 8 months ago #12356

• Terry Smith
Hi Stella - I was in the fourth row Circle, which allowed the sound to travel and bounce off various other surfaces.

Sorry, yes Nell's 27/10.17 - seeing me old mate Ralph McTell at the Palladium the following night

Parr Hall Warrington 6 years 8 months ago #12363

• delfromwales
Hi, was in 3rd row at Parr Hall, loved every minute, although Steve appeared a little irritated at times at the high pitched noises early on. The sound was good to me, and as I say, loved every minute, want to do it all over again now.