Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: returning member from the netherlands

returning member from the netherlands 6 years 11 months ago #12214

• didier
Dear Fellow-memebers,

It was about 42 years ago that i bougt the single Mr. Raffles in Holland. Not only the song was very good, but even the b-side was better in my humble opinion: Sebastina live. But what did i kniw of the band, the singer or it's history. I was caught by somothing that had never experienced before.. The other day i went back to the recordsore and bought all of Steve's work. Luckely for me it were 3 lp's: Human Manegery, The Psychomodo and. The best years of our lives. Ever since - i was 20 years old then - i played Steve's music, try to go to concerts en never get tired playing The Best Yeras of our lives, Sebastian, Deathtrip, Understand - really one of my favorites - ant many more.As far as i unterstand the lyrics, Steve for me is a real poet and in times very comforting.
As i saw on this forum, there were question/reamarks a Top 1000 in Belgium. I'm sorry that our neighbours copies the fenomen. In The Netherlands we have traditionally a TOP-2000 totally compiled by listeners, in 2016 nearly 3 million. It is - roughly - broadcasted between Christmas and the 31.rd od Demeber 23.55 hour. Last year Steve was ranked 495 with Sebastian (fell 81 places, helas) and Come up and see me ranked 1516 (fell 336 places). So when the time comes, vote for Steve www.nporadio2.nl/top2000

The end of my introduction is that after 42 years i'm has happy as a child to know Steve is finally commin to Hallons again. This tim i can see/hear him twize: in Amsterdam and Zeist, less then 10 kilometres from where i live. I can even go by bike there. And i will be there.

I have just one question: will there be a full band or an acoustic trio. btw: i will go either way.

My other musical Heroes: David Bowie, Rod Stewart, Japan, David Sylvian, Van der Graaf Generator, Ranaissance (Annie Haslim)

Wish you all good luck.
Robert Jan van der Horst
Utrecht
The Netherlands
Please login/register to post on the forum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cheri, MirrorFreak52

returning member from the netherlands 6 years 11 months ago #12216

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
Welcome Robert it will be thefull band ob the 4Holland and Belgium dates.A group of us are coming to Amsterdam Q Factiry,we may see you there
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'
The following user(s) said Thank You: MirrorFreak52

returning member from the netherlands 6 years 11 months ago #12218

• Janine
I'm also a returning member from the Netherlands and looking forward to the Amsterdam gig in November! The "full band" who are they these days?

returning member from the netherlands 6 years 11 months ago #12219

• Janine
I see that many of our fellow UK fans will be making the trip to Amsterdam and surely I do not want to miss out, I just got my tickets !! I look forward to a bumpy night and I hope Q Factory has earthquake Insurance !!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: MirrorFreak52

returning member from the netherlands 6 years 11 months ago #12221

• Munchkin1
This will be the full band.......
The following user(s) said Thank You: didier, MirrorFreak52

returning member from the netherlands 6 years 11 months ago #12240

• cheri
Robert and Janine, you won't be disappointed. :)