Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: So I guess I'm a fresh boarder

So I guess I'm a fresh boarder 7 years 3 months ago #11957

• HideawayAl
Really pleased to be part of this as been a fan of SH & CR since first buying The Human Menagerie way back in 1973 - it was summer or maybe spring, I can't remember - this was closely followed by The Psychomodo and then getting to see the original line-up live at my local dancehall.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

So I guess I'm a fresh boarder 7 years 3 months ago #11959

• RachelPAtoSH
Welcome, HideawayAl. We look forward to having you join in discussion on the Forum. Steve reads it at least weekly, so if you have anything you think he will enjoy reading, here's the place..
Rachel

So I guess I'm a fresh boarder 7 years 3 months ago #11960

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
Welcome aboard HideawayAl. What took you so long?
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

So I guess I'm a fresh boarder 7 years 3 months ago #11962

• HideawayAl
Hi Stella - asked myself the same question. I missed the Best Years 40th tour last year and was really disappointed as it is still one of my all time favourite albums. My wife is a big Simple Minds fan and seeing Steve playing with them at their recent BBC gig made me determined to catch up with him when he tours again....and to share thoughts/memories with like minded people.

So I guess I'm a fresh boarder 7 years 3 months ago #11963

• HideawayAl
Hi Rachel - thank you for your welcome. If Steve does read the messages here I hope he can cast his mind back to 1974 and The Psychomodo tour - the Glen Ballroom, Llanelli - I was 19 years of age and still one of the best gigs I 've been at. Close second came several years later and a hot tent in Singleton Park, Swansea - different line-up but still a very memorable night.