Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: MonaLisa Twins say Thank You!

MonaLisa Twins say Thank You! 8 years 4 months ago #11076

• Mr Raffles
A good point Richard that so many of the songs on the recent tour were enhanced by the presence of female backing vocals. Off the top of my head, Panorama with the soulful sound, ditto that for All in a Life's Work and the 'repeat verse' on Back to the Farm where the MonaLisa's input made the song sound even more sinister than it already is!! For Timeless Flight tracks I'm thinking Don't Go Don't Cry and Black or White as being tailormade for strong female vocals and from the Love's a Prima Donna album Is it True What They Say certainly has huge possibilities. I really enjoyed the two songs that they performed live this time and if they join the tour next year will await some more new material from them. Without wanting to sound un-PC they just gave us old codgers something pleasant and lovely to look at on top of the superb musicianship which was clear for all to see and hear.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

MonaLisa Twins say Thank You! 8 years 4 months ago #11077

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
Fantastic words from the twins,very respectul and superbly honest.The girls were a joy to hear and see, wonderful musicians,wonderful harmonies.Met them after the Scunthorpe show, just two delightful ladies.I too have both their albums and plan a Saturday night trip to the famous Cavern Club in Liverpool to see them perform their own full set. Get along folks if you can its only TWO QUID to get in.Brilliant and Beautiful.Welcome to the Cockney Rebel family.
Jimbo,Chesterfield.
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Graeme

MonaLisa Twins say Thank You! 8 years 4 months ago #11078

• jollyroger
Your voices lent Sebastian a new and ethereal quality, bringing new life to a truly great song. Lisa's guitar rocked and Mona's percussion and harmonica were a delight, especially on Best Years, when the audience broke into instant applause as the reeds rang out. Glorious!

MonaLisa Twins say Thank You! 8 years 4 months ago #11079

• mick_mckenzie
Thanks right back at you.

A very welcome addition to the show, and hope you can make it next time round.

Best wishes, Mick

MonaLisa Twins say Thank You! 8 years 4 months ago #11084

• Graeme
Thank you girls. Your contribution on stage, vocally and musically, was a joy and really added something special to the gigs. Hope to see you both back in the Cockney Rebel 'family' very soon.

MonaLisa Twins say Thank You! 8 years 4 months ago #11101

• DaveM
We should be saying thank you to you two, Your vocals and guitar work really brought something special to the band. I hope we see you both again in the future performing with Steve either on an acoustic tour or with the full band.