Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Salisbury BYOOL

Salisbury BYOOL 8 years 4 months ago #10877

• Tim XS
It was an excellent concert last night, but then it always is. I took a friend and had lent her a couple of SH albums to get a taste of what was to come. She didn't particularly enjoy the albums but I had assured her that live SH is a totally different experience. Suffice to say, I was proved right and she is now a convert to the cause.
One annoyance though. If the ticket says 1930 why the hell don't people turn up at 1920 or 1925, so many idiots coming in late and spoiling the evening. Also, when they say no flash photography they mean no flash photography, it must be really annoying to be stood on the stage and blinded every few minutes.
Moan over. Excellent evening. Thank you SH and CR.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Salisbury BYOOL 8 years 4 months ago #10886

• jollyroger
Really special show London last night. Highlight "Riding The Waves" with fantastic playing from Lisa and Jim on guitars and Duncan's piano. A treasure in a great set list. Sebastian was gentler than usual and very powerful for that. Even got Rod Stewart to sign my Tour programme. Thanks SH and band for a memorable evening.

Salisbury BYOOL 8 years 4 months ago #10887

• joanna
:) Big smile on my face as the Salisbury night opened and I just kept smiling.
I've not been to a gig for a WHOLE year what with life getting in the way.
It could have been a day ... Just felt so right.
The girls where very good and so gently confident.
At times it felt as though I was looking into a private session everyone on stage looked so into doing their thing .... A real treat.
Left speaker kept" A" sound busy but it didn't really spoil it for me. Just wish I was closer to the stage.

Cambridge on Saturday
Smile x

Salisbury BYOOL 8 years 4 months ago #10888

• cockneyr3bel
Hi Jo
We going Cambrige too,maybe see you there
Love Glynis xx

Salisbury BYOOL 8 years 4 months ago #10890

• localsinger1
Well I was at Salisbury on Tuesday. Mr Harley, you've still sooo got it. I've never posted anything on any such website but hearing your dismay at nigh on zilch take up on survey (or whatever) I felt happily obligated to do my micro bit. Wow - just a privilege to have been there and to have heard all the songs which I'd loved and forgotten as well as the commercial stuff. SH is
a bona fide original and you can see where some of the punk bands (some of which I lurrrved as t''was my generation) drew their inspiration. Who writes lyrics like his anymore? He's a poet (and he'll know it). And his one off, quirky voice and deliverance...how wonderful to be so utterly off the wall yet successful. Only gripe...:why no Judy Teen or Mr Soft (latter third single I ever bought with my WH Smith & Sons)? Wonderful xxxxxxx

Salisbury BYOOL 8 years 4 months ago #10892

• Eleven
I thought that the whole concert was an absolute triumph, I'm a newbie to the site, but not to the music, I'm nearly 50 now, and I've loved the music since I was 12 or so. When all my pals were listening to The Bay City Rollers and MUD, I was listening to Steve.
I've seen him four times now, bust last night was just brilliant, and I'm guessing if Steve wants to appeal to new and old audiences, then he has to sing the stuff that he's known well for.
  • Page: