Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Can't get this song out of my head!

Can't get this song out of my head! 8 years 9 months ago #10526

• Barbed1
I am an old Cajun from south Louisiana and have been lucky enough to be acquainted with Steve Harley since the early 70's.
Due to an unfortunate circumstance,that I won't get into, I lost my entire vinyl collection. I have been humming or maybe whistling a song that I know is Steve but not sure what group he was with, maybe PFM, but I really don't think Cockney Rebel.
I'll try to recite what I think I remember and see if it sparks anyone's recollection.
The song start with a woman singing in Italian or maybe Spanish singing very seductively ----Amor amambre amore ect ect then Steve sings

Love and desire beginning to tire end of another day in the life of a fool.
Too much or too little going down like a skittle??
That's all I remember. HELP PLEASE HELP
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Can't get this song out of my head! 8 years 9 months ago #10527

• stewart g
That's Time is no healer from Duncan Mackay's great album Score released on EMI in 1977.Still never released on CD.Words by SH music by Duncan.The spoken intro is by Yvonne Keeley.Lead vocal by SH. :)

Re:Can't get this song out of my head! 8 years 9 months ago #10529

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
stewart g wrote:
That's Time is no healer from Duncan Mackay's great album Score released on EMI in 1977.Still never released on CD.Words by SH music by Duncan.The spoken intro is by Yvonne Keeley.Lead vocal by SH. :)

Stewart. You are (as my grandaughters would say) amazeballs! I'd never have got that. Was puzzling this for ages this morning. But, I can upload the youtube clip. :laugh:

If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Re:Can't get this song out of my head! 8 years 9 months ago #10531

• stewart g
Stella,on second thoughts as well as Time Is No Healer,I think Barbed1 is also referring to Spaghetti Smooch also from Duncan's album Score with the spoken intro by Yvonne.Perhaps you could upload this one as well for us all? it's on Youtube,I just checked. :)

Re:Can't get this song out of my head! 8 years 9 months ago #10532

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
:) :) :) :) :) :)

If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Re:Can't get this song out of my head! 8 years 9 months ago #10533

• stewart g
Thank you Stella.Love Duncan's album Score.Never tire of playing it.It always reminds me of doing my O Levels and leaving School.That album and Songs In The Key Of Life by Stevie Wonder were constants on my record player during that time in 1977! :)
Indeed for the Pop Pickers out there, snippits from Score were used by Alan Freeman on his Saturday Afternoon Rock Show on Radio One.Not ARF! :laugh:
  • Page: