Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: guitar tip for deborah

guitar tip for deborah 13 years 10 months ago #983

• crazy horse
i have just been reading that youd like your daughter to pick up her guitar so i thought id pass on a couple of simple tips to help ,it sounds like you have an exellent guitar to learn on ,,just make sure you have the finest gauge strings possible(very important as fingers soon become sore when learning).As for what toplay why dont you try MAKE ME SMILE,it really isnt that difficut,the verse is F,C,F,C,G and the chorus is F,C,G.Its that simple ,just THREE major chords that can be found in any basic chord book.If you spend a few hours playing along to the record ,you should soon get it .Oh and by the way ,forget ever playing the solo ,you have to be a musical genius.Anyway i hope this helps ,pleez dont leave a nice guitar gather dust (and dont forget the fine gauge strings ,the guy in the shop will know what you mean)
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re: guitar tip for deborah 13 years 10 months ago #987

• robertotechno
Maybe typig error crazy horse,but some chords missing, it is chorus:

Dm F C G
twice
Intro over G then
Verse:
F C G F C G G
twice
F C F C G G
SOLO: F Em F Am Em Em G G

Re: guitar tip for deborah 13 years 10 months ago #990

• crazy horse
i was just giving a basic chord structure for a learner ,but if we were getting technichal, various chord fills and personal interpretations can be added to fill out the song ,the chord structure i gave ,is the same as the one given in an issue of TOTAL GUITAR six years ago (with a backing track of MMS on the CD)these things can be deliberated on forever ,how many ways can STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN be played ?and like i said i was just trying to give basic pattern to someone i beleive to be a novice and didnt want to confuse ,anyway what do i know im just a bass player,i suppose only SH himself could tell us what is right ,maybe sometimes he uses open E tuning ,as long as it make us smile who cares,the information works fine for a beginner to play along to the original ,its only rock n roll but we like it

Re: guitar tip for deborah 13 years 10 months ago #992

• robertotechno
For a beginner,it's worth getting right, crazy hoprse, as you can't sing "Come up and..." over F - it is Dm.
The magazine surely didn't print it wrong did it...
ROB

Re: guitar tip for deborah 13 years 10 months ago #997

• crazy horse
,as i now longer have the mag as proof ,whos going to judge the right and the wrong way to play it,i dont have a diploma in music do you ? who transcribed the music for the magazine? ,i dont know ,but they had the song noted as played in the key of F,As far as im concerned the only way to know for sure is from the guy who wrote it,or indeed get the original transcript from the music publisher ,all this for tryin to encourage somone to pick up a guitar

Re:guitar tip for deborah 13 years 10 months ago #1007

• Pandorah
Why thank you kind soul's , for the tip's , both of you . I'll show her ( when I can drag her off facebook )

I guess my best bet is to move closer to the Suffolk area ( my initial thought ) and enlist the best of the best I know , to teach her, in his Guitar work shop :-)

Jessica my Daughter can actually play the intro to MMS . As her dad taught her ! ( but who's taught him ? )

I received a phone call one Saturday afternoon while I was away , out of reach! and her dad said down the line
“ Oi !! Listen to this “ then I heard him say “ play that again for your mum “

And My heart flew as I heard them fine strings plucking out that immortal tune. At first I said who's that ? that's not Jessica is it ?????, and he's shouted IT IS .
She's shouting in the background “ who do you think it is ?
Er !
Ya Dad ! Maybe ?

He said , “ she's picked it up really quick “ “ I only showed her a couple of times ” once she knew she could play that tune she was grinning like a Cheshire cat ear to ear “

PLAY IT AGAIN ! I've excitedly shouted

And I could hear her in the back ground saying Oh ! Do I have too ?
YES

It was magic! She did make me smile

but sometimes love n devastation n life in general gets in the way !
The beautiful thing just sat and sat and sat ( bit like my Sax ) and that's another story ! But there's NO excuse really , is there ? Not really , not any more, If we all read the book of love and had faith in god above , we'd all excel ,I know music can save your moral soul
!
so ! that's why I had to take her to see them Girls Faye and Ashleigh .
Thanks for that you too, I'm sure she has the fine strings , and an electric tuner box thingy ma giggy ! and please don't fall out about it. lol It's only rock and roll :-) after all :-)

now then ! Grammar ! Grammar Grammar! Poor gramma! How many spelling and punctuation mistakes can ya find lol....( I do wish Andy would put a spell checker on here for me )

Well ! I blame Steve Harley for my poor English as I was always skipping off out of class to listen to him on the radio ! It's true ! Was more interested in what he had to say than any of my school teachers .it's the Voice !
  • Page: