Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Best Lyric

Re:Best Lyric 13 years 4 months ago #1920

• pablo fanque
And I like the way you took the time and trouble to write such a nice line to a complete stranger. Such a random act of kindness always gives me hope [!]

But maybe we arent strangers.Or at least we seem to share the same passion for a certain artist.

Although aware of this site for a while, i have kind of avoided it. My love of all things Harley includes a desire to keep this sweetest of guilty pleasures as discreet as possible...childish I know but i dont want the other kids to share my sweets [candy?].Utterly selfish i know, but the fewer people that turn on to this guy the better!

And now i am self-conscious that i am trying to impress you with my writing...i am not. Honestly. Its just my undying need to please... i was complimented by your remarks...i am trying to be nice back

Be nice if you wrote back Ali but no prob if you don't.

Favourite song? [At the moment , i keep listening to timeless flight more than anything...nothing is sacred!]

Pab
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Best Lyric 13 years 4 months ago #1922

• AlizarinStag
  • Mr. Jinx
I am quickly finding that SH fans are some of the nicest, classiest fans I have encountered on-line yet. We've all been brought together by a pretty damn classy fellow who creates such beautiful art, that is reflected in all of us who have been inspired.
Although aware of this site for a while, i have kind of avoided it. My love of all things Harley includes a desire to keep this sweetest of guilty pleasures as discreet as possible...childish I know but i dont want the other kids to share my sweets [candy?].Utterly selfish i know, but the fewer people that turn on to this guy the better!

I'm an American. While I am so annoyed that this caused me to take this long to discover SH as an artist, I'm also like, "Hurray! More for me! My preciousssss..." I don't have to share with too many people!
And now i am self-conscious that i am trying to impress you with my writing...i am not. Honestly. Its just my undying need to please... i was complimented by your remarks...i am trying to be nice back

No worries! I don't think anyone's looking into any one's motives too closely around here, and thanks for being nice back! We gotta pass on the good stuff eh?
We've all been through bad times, but you gotta pass on the good stuff to others, not the bad. "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." -Angel

Re:Best Lyric 13 years 3 months ago #2033

• Hobo With A Gin.
  • Ian.
'And in my dreams I still have you,
You're still my sweet compadre,
I your el gran senor.
We said too much too soon,
I bled and let you pacify my wounded pride...'

Re:Best Lyric 13 years 3 months ago #2036

• Maelitta
C'est beau ...

Re:Best Lyric 13 years 2 months ago #2072

• Michael Carraway
In my hand is a book of prayer,
In my pocket a cross attached to some chain
and I’m on my knees
I’m staring at the world through a trick of the light
I’m waving in the dark. I’m naked tonight.
Save me. Save me. Save me from myself

Priceless. Genius. Steve must have been in a dark place for a while when that came to him...glad he recovered!!