Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Best Lyric

Re:Best Lyric 13 years 5 months ago #1717

• prima donna
Ma's in the chapel preaching fear of the lord while juniors committing a crime, so everything is fine!

Brilliant words, from a Brilliant song!

Steve for some reason now swaps the word chapel to kitchen?? Poetic Justice!
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Best Lyric 13 years 5 months ago #1719

• chinacatalba
As I said on another thread the line from A Friend For Life - Will you come with me in the certain knowledge, the catch is there's no catch at all?

Re:Best Lyric 13 years 4 months ago #1748

• AlizarinStag
  • Mr. Jinx
Speaking of favorite lyrics, anyone have a copy of the lyrics to Rock and Roll Parade. I can't dig them up anywhere!
We've all been through bad times, but you gotta pass on the good stuff to others, not the bad. "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." -Angel

Re:Best Lyric 13 years 4 months ago #1781

• pablo fanque
'Best Lyric'depends on what mood i'm in; time of day;who im with and other stuff...bit like 'whats your favourite meal...'

The other problem is the man is so prolific and to select a few creates a potential injustice to those equally profound,beautiful,inspiring,funny,heartwrenching pearls you leave out...

So with that in mind heres a few which hit me at this time in this place right now;

Couch my disease in chintz-covered kisses
Glazed calico cloth my costume this is
[cos just speaking or thinking these words is a pleasure in itself and and as is often the case with me and Steve,the words mean different things at different times!]

Swimming to the grey horizon
Trying to escape the enemy
[Evocative/melancholy]

Radiate Simply, the candle is burning so low for me
[Imagery,mood.atmosphere.In fact the whole song is a masterpiece and easily the most underrated song in the history of music]

Genius x

Re:Best Lyric 13 years 4 months ago #1782

• pablo fanque
'Best Lyric'depends on what mood i'm in; time of day;who im with and other stuff...bit like 'whats your favourite meal...'

The other problem is the man is so prolific and to select a few creates a potential injustice to those equally profound,beautiful,inspiring,funny,heartwrenching pearls you leave out...

So with that in mind heres a few which hit me at this time in this place right now;

Couch my disease in chintz-covered kisses
Glazed calico cloth my costume this is
[cos just speaking or thinking these words is a pleasure in itself and and as is often the case with me and Steve,the words mean different things at different times!]

Swimming to the grey horizon
Trying to escape the enemy
[Evocative/melancholy]

Radiate Simply, the candle is burning so low for me
[Imagery,mood.atmosphere.In fact the whole song is a masterpiece and easily the most underrated song in the history of music]

Genius x

Re:Best Lyric 13 years 4 months ago #1785

• AlizarinStag
  • Mr. Jinx
pablo fanque-"'Best Lyric'depends on what mood i'm in; time of day;who im with and other stuff...bit like 'whats your favourite meal...'

The other problem is the man is so prolific and to select a few creates a potential injustice to those equally profound,beautiful,inspiring,funny,heartwrenching pearls you leave out..."

VERY well said. Everytime I turn around I fall in love with a new one, or re-fall in love with a older one, and there's a song for every damn mood.

"[Imagery,mood.atmosphere.In fact the whole song is a masterpiece and easily the most underrated song in the history of music]"

RIGHT??

I loved this comment, btw. I like how you write.
We've all been through bad times, but you gotta pass on the good stuff to others, not the bad. "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." -Angel