Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Just how is this chat thingummy going to work?

Just how is this chat thingummy going to work? 13 years 11 months ago #773

• andyfearon
Many of you have been asking about how the Live Chat will work next Sunday.

Well just before we go live I will post a link on the home page that will take you to the special Live Chat page.

When you first arrive you will be asked to enter your nickname, which means type in your registered username and click OK.

Now you will see the main Chat screen, which looks like this (but bigger):

Use the narrow strip next to your username to type your message and then click Send.

Very shortly your message will appear in the main window above. New messages will appear below.

If you want you can add smileys or use the formatting tools to style your message.

There are a few rules:

1. Please don't post multiple messages - give everyone a chance. If you dominate the screen or try and post too many message in quick succession, the system will chuck you out.

2. It may take Steve a few moments to type his answers, so please be patient and refrain from trying to chat with each other whilst he responds. We don't want to clog the system.

3. Please use this thread to post your questions so that Steve has a chance to consider answers in advance making it quicker for him to respond on the day. There are a few threads already started and I will probably merge them anyway.

Tip: You might want to type your questions in advance so that you can paste them in on the day.

If the system's memory is large enough to capture the entire session then I will find a place on the site to publish a transcript of it for the benefit of those who can't make it on the day.

I hope that answers your questions.

See you on Sunday.

Andy
Attachments:
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Just how is this chat thingummy going to work? 13 years 11 months ago #774

• cockneyrebel1
B) I would really appreciate a transcript Andy: Many thanks! I had been working up the courage to ask a question......my friends who are Harley fans will know what I mean when I say I'm a mouse.......and then I find I am not able to join the live-chat at the time proposed on Sunday: So I would love a transcript: Many thanks!! Enjoy the chat everyone!! B)

Re: Just how is this chat thingummy going to work? 13 years 11 months ago #776

• crazy horse
Hi cant we just ask everyone just be adult about this,if everyone willingly agrees to allow themselves one question each ,then maybe we could avoid any classroom like rules being applied ,especially if we are lucky enough to get a repeat of thi event LUV CRAZY HORSE

Re:Just how is this chat thingummy going to work? 13 years 11 months ago #778

• leonacht
Thanks for the feedback , Andy .
I already posted a question/message a few days ago . We will participate next sunday . Only , for us , Belgian Flemish fans it takes some ( more ) time to find the right words to give the right English accent to a question . Also it takes a little longer to understand answers . Anyway it is a big idea , and I want to thank Steve Harley for the efforts he makes to communicate with fans and interested people .
Wish you and SH a lot of succes..... very curious to read his answers and to look in his mind .
Hope to enjoy him , the band and his music 2.000 years from now . Also thanks to Rachel for the efforts she makes .
Kind regards from East-Flanders ,
Leo and Silvie

Re:Just how is this chat thingummy going to work? 13 years 11 months ago #780

• andyfearon
Due to popular demand the time of the Live Chat this Sunday has been put back to 3pm BST.

Re:Just how is this chat thingummy going to work? 13 years 11 months ago #783

• THE PHANTOM
  • CHELSEA SUPPORTING HARLEY FAN SINCE '73, TWO SONS.
can we do this every sunday? it's better than going to mass.