Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: mystery song

Re:mystery song 13 years 10 months ago #788

• RachelPAtoSH
Hello Ray. It's good to see you back in here!
I asked Steve by phone last night about the lyric, and all he could offer was "I remember it rhymed with something like 'The race game never gives up the prize..." but could not remember any more, or its title. He said "Ask Ray Smith, he'll have the set list!" Thank you! And there is no objection here, Ray, to you printing a set-list. Why would there be? Feel free please.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:mystery song 13 years 10 months ago #789

• crazy horse
hello ray ,you dont know me ,but iv read qite a lot about you,nice to meet you (so to speak) LUV CRAZY HORSE

Re:mystery song 13 years 10 months ago #790

• Ray Smith
Thanx Rachel. I've not been posting for I've not had the time really. However I thought I got ticked off before when I mentioned a link in here.

Anyhow, if you all go to the link page on this site and go to Peter JH's site, there you will find a tab called "Mr Softies" and within a set list page. Look at Aylesbury set list from around 1991 I think it was.

We as fans called this song either "The Race Game" or "Don't Shoot" as seen as it wasn't released who knows the real title apart from Steve?

I recall some of the words were "Don't shoot till you see the white in the eyes, the race game...." Then memory fades me, hence I wasn't sure of the title either. Perhaps Steve call tell us more in the chat on Sunday?

By the way, I am unable to come to that so it would be great Andy if you could log it later as someone else has mentioned. Thanx.

Re:mystery song 13 years 10 months ago #791

• Ray Smith
Sorry 1981 !!

Re:mystery song 13 years 10 months ago #801

• Ray Smith
Hi Crazy Horse, I mean no wrong and i'm a friend to anyone and will share thoughts etc, but, if I don't know you, show yourself to me in a private e mail please from the link I have posted here, otherwise I cannot respond here as private.

So many people have gone against me in the past and I guess will do in the future. All I'm here for is to share my love of the MAN through his music and help promote him as much as I can without any wrong doing in my eye.

Thanx, Ray

Re:mystery song 13 years 10 months ago #802

• crazy horse
hi RAY ,i am quite happy to do what you ask ,,but the only link i can see is in the copy of your last post ,which came in my email inbox , ,and that just takes me to the harley forum ,am i being dumb? ,should i leave my address for you in the forum? luv crazy horse