Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Wikipedia

Wikipedia 8 years 1 month ago #11534

• RachelPAtoSH
AJ, you have surpassed even your own high standards of research and reportage in this piece on Barry, a brilliant player and a great friend. Although, I think you might have over-egged the pudd a little: he's not that good....smiley face thingy for those with no sense of irony or humour (in both of which Barry is most well-endowed). Steve
Please login/register to post on the forum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , cheri, ajsmith

Wikipedia 8 years 1 month ago #11535

• ajsmith
Thank you for the kind words Steve. When I had a chat with Barry at Salisbury I said I would look at doing an article for him, and am pleased to have finally got around to it.

My comments on Mr. Wickens aren't to say everyone else in the band are not exceptional musicians of the same calibre, of course. ;)

Wikipedia 8 years 1 month ago #11536

• GedKen
Marvellous reading, as always AJ, I don't know how you do it, but I'm glad that you do :-)

Wikipedia 8 years 1 month ago #11537

• ajsmith
Thanks GedKen - it is always nice to hear the articles are being enjoyed. :)

Wikipedia 8 years 1 week ago #11560

• ajsmith
A new article on the 1989 VHS 'The Come Back, All is Forgiven Tour: Live'. I've included a list of the many CD releases this concert has seen over the years. There are so many but I think most of them are included!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Come_Back,_All_is_Forgiven_Tour:_Live

Wikipedia 7 years 10 months ago #11623

• ajsmith
Two more pages recently published, completing Cockney Rebel's videography:

Live from London (filmed at the Camden Palace in 1984): en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_from_London_%...ckney_Rebel_video%29

Live at the Isle of Wight 2004: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_at_the_Isle_o...ckney_Rebel_video%29

All song articles have been tidied up too, and the main Steve Harley discography page has had a major overhaul, with tables now listing out releases and chart positions etc:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Harley_discography

It was interesting to unearth some further UK chart information recently for the Timeless Flight singles. At a time when the chart only went up to the Top 50, both Black or White and White, White Dove never managed to get there. However, they both charted on the BMRB's UK Breakers chart at #2 and #6 respectively. This was a 10-place extension to the main singles chart, so technically Black or White reached #52, and White, White Dove at #56.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Stella Day, MirrorFreak52