Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: its arrived!!!!!!!!

Re:its arrived!!!!!!!! 13 years 11 months ago #643

• sebcarroll
No bleeding hearts - a Sebastian for modern times is exactly what I thought!
We've been listening to the new album this evening and it's safe to say that 'Stranger comes to Town' definitely doesn't disappoint, it truly is Harley at his best!
Hearing songs like 'This old man', 'No bleeding hearts' and 'Faith and virtue' I find it very hard to believe that SH finds song writing more difficult nowadays, when the lyrics sound so natural and honest. Pure poetry.
Hearing the new album tracks and Steve, Barry & James performing live on Radio Clyde on sunday (including a brilliant version of 'All the men are hungry') has left me even more excited for the tour in June.
As Karen says, beautiful and exquisitely crafted, a true masterpiece. :cheer:
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:its arrived!!!!!!!! 13 years 11 months ago #644

• neil1
arrived saturday, thank u play.com, great lyrics, track 3 is a heartbreaker an album worth the wait.

Re:its arrived!!!!!!!! 13 years 11 months ago #651

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
I'm still waiting for mine. :S
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Re:its arrived!!!!!!!! 13 years 11 months ago #652

• Maelitta
Aware this morning by Amazon France that it was available at last !

Ordered it in the minute. I read so many compliments here ... Hope It will be the way you say ... Let's wait now ... :dry:

Re:its arrived!!!!!!!! 13 years 11 months ago #671

• hobo1958
ok i now know its a great un cause i caught myself yesterday and today humming and singing faith and virtue and no bleeding hearts.....with no help!!

i also found it a relief that another poster has the first play syndrome as myself. i thought it was a very personal yard stick.........its good to talk.

anyone else think the moog in no bleeding hearts is circa timeless flight era?
oh well
Attachments:

Re:its arrived!!!!!!!! 13 years 11 months ago #672

• robertotechno
Hey Hobo, the mini-moog is definitely circa 1978 and SOUNDS FANTASTIC! Steve knows what he's doing, I know 20 somethings and 30 somethings who think Stranger is very modern.
Mick Wall must have got a bug up his backside over something non-musical re Steve, and that Alyn, whell, egotistical prat are the only words really. Anyone posting negative, harmful-to-sales comments on a website like Amazon can only be a self-sewrving pompous git, to be frank. Fan, he says? Steve and artists like him who pay the huge costs for recording their own albums, need fans like himlike a headache. LET'S BOMBARD AMAZON WITH POSITIVE REVIEWS!!! I will.........this album is a classic.My whole family of 5 has it on re-play! No Bleeding Hearts is brillaint.Alyn, what are you missing here?