Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: its arrived!!!!!!!!

Re:its arrived!!!!!!!! 13 years 11 months ago #612

• hobo1958
thank you for the robbie information rachel

i can now sleep better ;)

the only catch is there is no catch at all
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:its arrived!!!!!!!! 13 years 11 months ago #613

• hobo1958
first days muse

nos 5/6/7/8 and no3

awesome

Re:its arrived!!!!!!!! 13 years 11 months ago #628

• Benethi
I've had it on repeat since I got back from work Saturday Afternoon. First impressions were not good, which is always a good sign when it comes to Steve Harley (I've got this theory that the more I dislike a SH/CR song to begin with, and the longer it takes me to like it, the more I'll like it given time. Sebastian was of course the ultimate example of this. Back when I first discovered my mum's More than Somewhat collection about five or six years ago, yuck that song was awful. About a year later I realised it was The Greatest Song Ever. Come to it, about the only song I really liked to begin with was Make Me Smile...).

Sorry for the digression, loving the album now :cheer:
Particular favourites are For Sale. Baby Shoes. Never Worn, This Old Man, and No Bleeding Hearts. True Love Will Find You in the End is a fantastic cover too :)

Just one complaint. About 4:58 into This Old Man, there's a bit of a crackly sound, which continues, although barely audible further on. I thought it was a fault with my CD to begin with, but having just seen the album available on Spotify, I checked and it's there too. Anyone else noticed this?

Anyway, not to end on a negative note, the album is suberb, definitely looking forward to the concert in Bristol in less than a month now, then again at Glastonbury :cheer:

Re:its arrived!!!!!!!! 13 years 11 months ago #629

• Mikeconnect
:) On Spotify NOW!!

Re:its arrived!!!!!!!! 13 years 11 months ago #638

• jackpot1
Finally, it has arrived, and what a great feel I'm getting already from these new songs.
Steve has excelled himself here, in my opinion, with some beautiful, thoughtful poetry and great tunes. No Bleeding Hearts is a showstopper! A Sebastian for modern times maybe? The music press have seldom understood or appreciated the man, but if this was Waites, Springsteen, Morrison, Bowie etc etc etc they'd be raving about this album. UIt's not instat, it's too deep for that, but on 2nd, 3rd play it comes to life. Can't wait to see/hear these songs Live on stage - Shepherds Bush!!Congratulations Mr H. You can be very proud of Stranger.....I recommend this album to any Harley fan anywhere.

Re:its arrived!!!!!!!! 13 years 11 months ago #642

• KarenM
Yes! Yes! Yes!

It was waiting on the doorstep when I got in today! Nothing like having the real thing in your mitts, although I had been listening on loop since I managed to conquer that downloading business on Sunday.

Now I can see and feel with a clarity.... this is stupendous; it feels right, so beautiful, exquisitely crafted - off to listen some more..... :woohoo:
Go if you must but you know you'll always be so easy to find