Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Lay me down

Lay me down 12 years 1 month ago #4257

• Stephanie
Hi. I was hoping someone could give me some information. The song which first turned me into a Steve Harley fan was Lay Me Down which was the B side of the Here Comes The Sun single. I still have the single but like millions of other people, I don't have a record player anymore. I've searched all the CDs I can find for the song as an extra track as I believe it was never on an albumn (LP). What I want to know is, is it available on CD or any other media anywhere.
Thanks
Stephanie
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Lay me down 12 years 1 month ago #4258

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
wow steph,that brings back memories.....great song try this link to you tube
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'
The following user(s) said Thank You: StefanieR

Re:Lay me down 12 years 1 month ago #4261

• Stephanie
Thank you so much. I played it many times.
Steph

Re:Lay me down 12 years 1 month ago #4262

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
I must admit steph i have listened to this several times this evening.what a song,what a voice.how did this never make it to an album. Just brilliant. X
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'

Re:Lay me down 12 years 1 month ago #4263

• midge
I'd forgotten all about this song. 'Back in the day' I was always astounded at the quality of song Steve would put on the B sides. What a treasure - thanks for reminding me about it and thanks for the link Jimbo.

Re:Lay me down 12 years 1 month ago #4268

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
you know what all those old 'b' sides would make a cracking album if they were re-mastered,and put together,maybe include heartbeat like thunder,I cant even touch you,even the theme from babbacombe lee would sit nice.keep us all happy,along with the possible 'live' releases until november. B)