Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: STEVE AS A JOURNALIST/WRITER

STEVE AS A JOURNALIST/WRITER 14 years 2 months ago #327

• cockneyrebel1
B) I was looking back through some old articles, dated 1975 and 1976. I came across one in which Steve said that he had written some short stories. I would love to read anything that was penned by Steve, either some articles published in the papers when he was working as a journalist, or short stories, poems, whatever. Maybe he would consider pupblishing some of his work on this website?
Happy New Year everyone!!!! B)
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:STEVE AS A JOURNALIST/WRITER 14 years 2 months ago #328

• Ray Smith
There is a Liz in London who has a clip from a newspaper claiming that the reporter was Steve (and I know of no reason not to believe her)... a story about a Mum having a child in a flat on her own.

Are you there Liz? Wanna tell em?

Re:STEVE AS A JOURNALIST/WRITER 14 years 2 months ago #342

• Craig
Ray, you need to go to the town library archive nearest to whichever paper Steve was working at the time !!
You should find lots of stuff that you can photocopy.

Re:STEVE AS A JOURNALIST/WRITER 14 years 2 months ago #343

• Ray Smith
Craig mate, it's not me that is searching :-) I'm sure I have the cutting somewhere. I just wondered if Liz would like to tell the tale

Re:STEVE AS A JOURNALIST/WRITER 14 years 2 months ago #344

• robertotechno
Mile End was where the East London Advertiser was situated, near the tube station, but I think it's been moved. Richard Madeley got Steve's old job there. The local library (maybe Bow?) should have cuttings, that's true.