Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Wavendon Tonight - Who on here is going?

Wavendon Tonight - Who on here is going? 12 years 9 months ago #2587

• ffcforever
  • Primary School PE and School Sports Teacher
I am and I am taking my wife - that's the Eagles/Bryan Ferry at the Hop Farm Festival three weeks ago, SH & CR at Parkers Piece two weeks ago, bugger all last weekend and now here tonight!
Please login/register to post on the forum.

spoke to SH who says..... 12 years 9 months ago #2588

• RachelPAtoSH
I am - and Ill have few mates with me

Re:spoke to SH who says..... 12 years 9 months ago #2594

• ffcforever
  • Primary School PE and School Sports Teacher
Sorry Rachel - left home before I saw your posting travelling from deepest Essex!

I was the one who had a little friendly banter with Steve when Too Much Tenderness was finished and I have never heard him play it either and I have been to 50+ gigs since 1974 and was at a TV recording of the first CR in Holland in late 1973 when Sebastian was number 1 in Holland and Belgium.

I was young and my Dad was at a Music Trade Fair in Utrecht and one of the Dutch guys said do you like English rock music, I said yes and I was whisked off to watch a music TV programme recorded later in the afternoon - some Dutch and German prog rock bands were there as well who I knew as my Dad picked me up new vinyl when he travelled knowing my thirst for anything different!

German bands were very into Synth stuff at the time and I had also seen ELP on the OGWT in the UK and thought Keith Emerson was God!

I was born in 1959 and 5 yrs younger than Steve who was more late sixties when he got the urge!

Mine exploded with Steve's late mate Mr Marc Bolan and I saw T.Rex as my first live gig at the Rainbow in Finsbury Park aged 13( my Mum and Dad nearly didn't let me go!) and my second was Steve the following year in the TV Studio all eye shadow etc - 'oh how we laughed'!

I was lucky enough to get two returned tickets late yesterday afternoon - I have to say last night was awesome and I have been impressed with some fine Harley and Rebel performances over the last 38 years, but they just keep getting better and better!

Say hi to Steve for me and from a Fulham supporter to a Millwall one, I would never pick a fight with anybody who watched matches at Cold Blow Lane when they were younger.

Got a signed book at the end and as I am still singing songs in my head and cant sleep have been reading it- its very,very good!

Also saw Ana Lee at the end and I think she was going backstage to see Steve - sorry Cheri but you must green with envy - introduced myself and she has one final gig in Harrogate tonight before returning back to the U.S. :)

Re:spoke to SH who says..... 12 years 9 months ago #2597

• cheri
ffcforever wrote:
Also saw Ana Lee at the end and I think she was going backstage to see Steve - sorry Cheri but you must green with envy - introduced myself and she has one final gig in Harrogate tonight before returning back to the U.S. :)

I am, I am!! :D It all sounds WONDERFUL! Hope you all had the time of your lives. :)

Cheri

Re:Wavendon Tonight - Who on here is going? 12 years 9 months ago #2624

• JC105
Sandra Shevyn on Facebook wrote:
"Brilliant at The Stables last night!! More please !"

Re:Wavendon Tonight - Who on here is going? 12 years 9 months ago #2625

• JC105
Lee Simeone on Facebook responded:
" Oh yeah! Brilliant, the best & only Cockney Rebel after hearing the original records I have to say this current line up are the best, smooth and dreamy sound. The soundscapes in the mix were very clear at The Stables even more so than the first night in Leamington, but that could be due to me being up front. As for the set it was awesome & I love hearing the new songs live so fresh & full of life - special, so very special. ;) x Thank You x "

Jane Rogers on Facebook responded:
"couldnt agree more lee and sandra it was a fantastic night"

Sandra Shevyn on Facebook responded:
" I had not heard some of these numbers...I actually wept at one of them...but I dont know what it was called.So now I shall have to try and find which album it was from..have searched on you tube, but very limited ...mostly older stuff, that I already have.Last night re-kindled my passion for Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel."

Angela Moore on Facebook responded:
" Hi Sandra, try album Quality of Mercy, at a guess Journeys End always makes me cry, good luck."
Yesterday at 09:37 · Like