Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Steve's Rehearsal report

Steve's Rehearsal report 12 years 10 months ago #2557

• RachelPAtoSH
Slightly hoarse this morning, monitors in rehearsal rooms never quite up to the job! Been a few good, long days. These guys can deliver all right. Adam is huge on the kit. Much electric guitar for Robbie to play in this set. Cavaliers is startling in its dark drama. We imploded yesterday at the end of play as the harmonica and electric fuzz guitar interwove and finally collided. I was exhausted, drained after the days of effort, but so very satisfied. Too Much Tenderness (never, to my memory played on stage before). It swings like hell and dances in stabs and chops. Desperate to gather the complete lyrics of Nothing Is Sacred, to sing it through withour prompt will be pleasing.Some very old stuff is in, too. Don't ask. Back to it now then. Plenty still to run over. And Guilfest first, with my son Kerr on keyboards. James's dad, Lord Harewood, died this week, of course. Funeral today. My boy has shone, and has the one-hour festival set down to a T. He'll be nervous, never played on a public stage in his life. I expect to be proud of him. I've often mentioned the reptiton of rehearsals, and how it isn't my favourite way of passing the time - yet in the past week or more I've been leading two bands through two quite different sets. Who'd have thought, eh! Two are sold out next week, but there are tickets around for Leamington, and we'll be on fire.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Steve's Rehearsal report 12 years 10 months ago #2558

• RachelPAtoSH
"Repetition". My spelling mistkae - Rachel

Re:Steve's Rehearsal report 12 years 10 months ago #2559

• joanna
Hi Rachel /Steve..Thanks for the report......good to read about the harmonica. I was hoping that might show at Leamington love it love it...Has son Kerr realised what he has said yes to?.
Im sure he has.
Finally Best wishes and thoughts to James.
jo
Smile x

Re:Steve's Rehearsal report 12 years 10 months ago #2560

• joanna
:laugh:
empty box
Smile x

Re:Steve's Rehearsal report 12 years 10 months ago #2562

• cheri
Condolences to James, and kudos to Kerr for taking on the responsibility of taking over keyboards for an entire show! Didn't know he was a musician, too. Hope the concert goes great. :)

Cheri