Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Parkers Piece - Cambridge 9th July 2011

Re:Parkers Piece - Cambridge 9th July 2011 12 years 10 months ago #2533

• essexboybilly
Loretta, what a great report. One hour or so is all they ever get at festivals, but your exoperience is not rare - we all get it time and time again! Try one of the July indoor shows, like Milton Keynes, or Leamington, where I expect the full-on 2.5hour special will be demilvered.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Parkers Piece - Cambridge 9th July 2011 12 years 10 months ago #2534

• ffcforever
  • Primary School PE and School Sports Teacher
Fully agree with Loretta Tale - they were brilliant played encore past curfew time. Still looking for Stables tickets if anyone has one or two going spare. 'Riding the Waves' was exceptional as usual last night and Barry did an amazing solo during 'The Lighthouse'. James was having a whale of a time on keys, Linton and Stuart tight as usual, Robbie his usual peerless self, The Larty sisters brilliant and stunning to look at( I am a 52 year old perv tho') - brilliant move Steve! - and as for the man himself 'Showman Supreme' - due to time restraints no Tumbling Down or Love is a Prima Donna but bucketloads from Psychomodo! All in all a brilliant concert and as Steve said next time I am going to make you pay! (Concert was free and well done to Ridgeons for that!) It took me back to when I first saw the band in 1973 when 'Sebastian' was Number 1 in Holland and Belgium and EMI thought it was too long to be single material in the UK and 'Judy Teen' was spawned for that purpose.

Re:Parkers Piece - Cambridge 9th July 2011 12 years 10 months ago #2535

• RachelPAtoSH
Martin Smith on Facebook:
Martin wrote "Absolutely stunning performance!"

Re:Parkers Piece - Cambridge 9th July 2011 12 years 10 months ago #2538

• GordonJ
My wife and I would like to congratulate Steve and his band on a fantastic show last night -and all for FREE!! Hadn't seen Steve in concert for 15 years, and was very impressed with the band he now has, especially good was to see his old mucker, Stuart on drums. Next time, Steve, we'll pay to get the whole show, I promise. Could have taken much more of your great music. The Lighthouse was stunning and the whole first 20 minutes of non=stop rock was masterful. It was SO good. Just one quibble: we were watching from about ten yards back in front of the guitarist, and even among a crowd of about 5,000, he seemed to home in on a particular fan, might be his partner/wife, But it was strange to note him regularly grinning for her camera, even in the most serious moments, like in Sebastian, and pouting kisses to her (or was it my wife, almost next to her??? NO!). I found it distracting, and a bit naff - but overall it was a professional performance, with Steve shining brightly in the warm summer air. A night to remember. Can't think now why I left it so long..

Re:Parkers Piece - Cambridge 9th July 2011 12 years 10 months ago #2539

• anichols
Was Stuart Elliot on drums? i thought he was having a short break and Adam was back as he was last week?

Re:Parkers Piece - Cambridge 9th July 2011 12 years 10 months ago #2540

• anichols
I didn't know Lartey sisters were going to be there...