Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Playing DVD outside UK

Playing DVD outside UK 13 years 2 months ago #2080

• RachelPAtoSH
Australian fans have purchased the Live At The Isle Of Wight Festival DVD, but it will not play. They receive a message suggesting the "Region" is not compatible. Can anyone advise them? I remember advice was given to American purchasers - perhaps by Crazy Horse? I will suggest to Maria Hopper that she checks this forum for any news. Many thanks.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Playing DVD outside UK 13 years 2 months ago #2081

• cheri
Rachel, they need to download a program called POWER DVD. They can Google it to find the URL. I downloaded it as a free trial (to see if it worked before buying it). Eventually, I will have to purchase it, but it is not expensive, about $40.00 or so. POWER DVD will play a DVD from any region, and it also plays BluRay DVDs.

Much luck to them, it is a great DVD to watch. :)

Cheri

Re:Playing DVD outside UK 13 years 2 months ago #2082

• RachelPAtoSH
Thank you, Cheri.
I have recommended that Maria checks in for advice. But will the software mean she can only watch the DVD on a computer? I expect they would like to watch it on the TV- Rachel

Re:Playing DVD outside UK 13 years 2 months ago #2083

• fatfish59
If people are feeling brave and can find your DVD player on here, you can manually change the region.

www.dvd.reviewer.co.uk/info/multiregion/hackable.asp?Page=1

Re:Playing DVD outside UK 13 years 2 months ago #2084

• AlizarinStag
  • Mr. Jinx
I have a way to fix that region problem. But I'd only recommend it to scrupulous parties. Are these people scrupulous?
We've all been through bad times, but you gotta pass on the good stuff to others, not the bad. "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." -Angel

Re:Playing DVD outside UK 13 years 2 months ago #2085

• Face To Face
Hi,
Thanks so much for your help. I followed your advice and the DVD played as it should. Worth the wait too.
Richard Hopper
  • Page: