Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 1975....And All That.

1975....And All That. 14 years 4 months ago #203

• Hobo With A Gin.
  • Ian.
I've just been watching the Queen concert repeat on BBC2.

Isn't it a shame that there is no footage of Steve and the band available from that time, apart from the TOTP scraps ?
My first Rebel gig was 2nd April, '75 at Leeds Town Hall, and can't help but think how much more polished Rebel seemed at that time compared to Queen ( I saw them support Mott The Hoople, same venue a few months before.)
There were already masterpieces like 'Death Trip', 'Ritz', 'Cavaliers' and 'Tumbling Down' in the live set then, before 'Night At The Opera' was recorded and released.
How different could it have been if 'Black Or White' had been the track that EMI had chosen as the epic to promote, rather than 'Bo Rhap' ?
I remember thinking this at the time, fed up for our hero, and a tad bitter that Queen got the break that Steve didn't.
As someone said all those years ago " Such Is Life ".
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:1975....And All That. 14 years 3 months ago #237

• miesh
could not disagree with that mate , black or white is one of the best things steves ever done :)

Re:1975....And All That. 14 years 2 months ago #332

• kazzad
My husband says he saw Queen support Cockney rebel in the 70's in Leeds. Is he mistaken?

Re:1975....And All That. 14 years 2 months ago #341

• Craig
Steve needs to get hold of Mick Rock and get `Between The Lines` released. Perhaps as a bonus with the forthcoming cd ;)