Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Oslo Songs With Orchestra

Oslo Songs With Orchestra 13 years 3 months ago #1990

• Michael Carraway
Superb. Hearing Steve sing the mighty Sebastian with a backdrop of a symphony orchestra was fantastic. AThe audience ropared as though they all jumped to their feet instantaneously, which is no more than the performance deserved. Fantastic to hear all the horns and strings etc embellishing such a great song after allthese years. A Friend For Life brought a few tears to the old eyes, what a touching story that is! I contacted the radio station about hearing it again and apparently the Play Again link on their site will keep it available for three weeks. Hope they have an English tranbslation!!
We will certainly hear it a second time and more!! Anyone else tune in? Thought there'd be a long thread here after such an amazing experience.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Oslo Songs With Orchestra 13 years 3 months ago #1991

• cheri
I wasn't able to hear it because I was at the dentist at the time. Are you saying that the performance will be available at the posted link for a few weeks and all we need to do is follow that link?

Funny, but today I was just thinking that Steve would sound wonderful with an orchestral background to some of his songs, without losing the band, of course. :) Now you have me wanting to hear the performance. It's my bedtime now, but I will try to follow the link tomorrow and see if I can find it.

Thanks, Cheri :)

Re:Oslo Songs With Orchestra 13 years 3 months ago #1992

• stewart g
I wonder if the webmaster ( Andy) could work his magic and get the link to the play it again onto the home page of the web site ?
as many of us ( who missed the live performance ) would love to hear it i'm sure! :)

Re:Oslo Songs With Orchestra 13 years 3 months ago #1993

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
I tried to embed the video clip but the best I can do is give you a link.
Follow the link and press play.

www.nrk.no/video/herreavdelingen_feirer_...emne/Steve%20Harley/
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Re:Oslo Songs With Orchestra 13 years 3 months ago #1994

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
<object id="nrkVideo060EE2475CB63D5B" width="576" height="344" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"><param name="movie" value="http://www.nrk.no/playout/v1.1/flashplayer.ashx?v=060EE2475CB63D5B&w=576&rand=129400036434751433" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://www.nrk.no/playout/v1.1/flashplayer.ashx?v=060EE2475CB63D5B&w=576&rand=129400036434751433" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" name="nrkVideo060EE2475CB63D5B" width="576" height="344" /></object>

Damn!
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Re:Oslo Songs With Orchestra 13 years 3 months ago #1995

• fatfish59
Wow, that was awesome. Thanks for posting.

A full orchestra at The Brook next time please Steve. ;)
  • Page: