Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: our new american fans

our new american fans 13 years 3 months ago #1988

• prima donna
Ladies can i say its been really good seeing your postings lately and in a way feel envious of you both, i am nearly 50 years old and have been a massive harley fan all my life, i can remember the feelings still today that you are feeling now for steves music, i can remember going every day to the record shop to buy the new steve harley single or LP, you are so lucky to have thoughs feelings, i still have them now!!!

i hope that in the future you can both see Steve and the band live, i know one of you is planning to do just that this year on your own, wouldnt it be great if you could both make it over the pond this coming june/july.

i have a suggestion, if possible would it be possible to have a collection on the acoustic tour this winter, it would have to be supported by steve, if steve could make an announcement at every gig and we could raise the air fares for both girls to come over for the full band tour,then we could set up a full tour for them, we could set up a network of houses for them to stay at, i am sure steve would supply free tickets, it would be a one off, never to be repeated again event,it is a special time at the moment with steve and the band, we are so lucky to be able to see him in such brilliant form, wouldnt it be fantastic to bring both steves new american fans over,and show them true hospitality! it would only cost them their food and drink for the time they were here, although i do not live close to any of the full band dates this summer i am happy to do the arranging and be a contact to set up fans and the girls, it would also be better for the girls to travel together.
it might sound a little over the top, but these are special times and it would give all those involved great memories and many new friends for life!!
come on harley fsns lets get this sorted!!!
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:our new american fans 13 years 3 months ago #1989

• cheri
Prima Donna, I just read your post and I have to say that I am so deeply touched that I'm crying. I don't know if what you are proposing is possible, but if it is it would be almost too wonderful to think of. And, yes, I'm on that delicious journey of discovering each and every song of Steve's; the excitement and wonderment of finding a song I haven't heard is a joyous one. :) I just received "The Quality of Mercy" and "Poetic Justice" in the mail today, so I am a happy girl. :D

Thank you so much for your kind thoughts. I hardly know what to say. :)

Love, Cheri

Re:our new american fans 13 years 3 months ago #2017

• AlizarinStag
  • Mr. Jinx
I didn't respond yet because I've been too stressed and emotional right now to think about my trip. Long story short I may not even be going now. With my father's death I inherited a 3 bedroom house I have to move into and upkeep on min-wage, and several of my current housemates decided to bail on us and leave our apartment 5 months early, so rent will go up on our current unless I move immediately too. Whoo-hoo 2011!

I'm not saying I'm giving up, not my style, (seeing a friend for advice on airfair this weekend) but things are looking grim people!
i am nearly 50 years old and have been a massive harley fan all my life, i can remember the feelings still today that you are feeling now for steves music, i can remember going every day to the record shop to buy the new steve harley single or LP, you are so lucky to have thoughs feelings, i still have them now!!!

I am. I am so very lucky. It's the coolest feeling I've had since being a teenager. I was driving to work yesterday with Pursuit of Illusion in the cd player and I just couldn't stop smiling. Freezing cold ice covered car with no heat, on the way to a late shift and I was still filled with glee.

Your idea is amazing, and even my raging pessimistic self got a huge smile out of the idea. You have a huge heart. Thanks for that! :) :blush:
We've all been through bad times, but you gotta pass on the good stuff to others, not the bad. "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." -Angel