Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Brook - pre drinks & post curry info?

The Brook - pre drinks & post curry info? 13 years 4 months ago #1798

• ayjaydee
Can any Brook veterans point me in the direction of a decent nearby pub and/or somewhere to get a bite afterwards if possible?
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:The Brook - pre drinks & post curry info? 13 years 4 months ago #1800

• mike o
Was looking forward to The Brook, forgot to mention to the wife :unsure: She's suprised me, with Madness Tickets on the Friday night at Earls Court, plus two nights hotel in London :ohmy:
Anyone want to take my place?, will swop for one Brook Ticket ;)

Re:The Brook - pre drinks & post curry info? 13 years 4 months ago #1808

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
I reckon Madness could be fun. It is the last night of their tour but I'm sure one night in a seedy London hotel will be quite enough(unless your wife has really pushed the boat out with this one)and then there's still time for a slap-up breakfast and off down to Southampton for the Harley gig in the evening.
Go on.....you know you want to. Stella.
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Re:The Brook - pre drinks & post curry info? 13 years 4 months ago #1814

• fatfish59
Ayjaydee.

I've been to The Brook loads of times and the 2 bars in the venue are pretty good themselves, although they can be a bit crowded. It used to be a pub anyway, as Steve always reminds us when he plays there. There is a small amount of seating upstairs in that bar area, but get there early if you want one.

The Richmond Inn or The Gordon Arms are probably the best pubs that are close by, about a mile from the venue. Many of the local pubs around area are frequented by students, as The Brook is close to Southampton University.

If you want a decent curry, you would probably be best off going into Southampton itself, which is about 3 miles away. The best ones are Kutis, The Old Delhi Eatery or Poppadum Express (all are in Oxford Street). There are one or two closer to The Brook, but I haven't eaten there, so I can't really tell you what they are like.

Re:The Brook - pre drinks & post curry info? 13 years 4 months ago #1846

• fatfish59
To anyone coming down to The Brook tonight, the snow around Southampton is not too bad with no more falling at the moment.

The roads are pretty good, with most of them clear.

Re:The Brook - pre drinks & post curry info? 13 years 4 months ago #1847

• ayjaydee
Thanks for the update Fatfish but unfortunately I was coming down from Reading and the M3 is screwed at Junc 3 and the trains are subject to severe delays.
Gonna miss my Harley fix :(

PS If anyone who can get there wants two free tickets reply on here and I will email to you.
  • Page: