& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Merry Early Christmas!

Merry Early Christmas! 13 years 5 months ago #1726

• AlizarinStag
  • Mr. Jinx
Hey everyone! It's snowing outside now, and my car is so far away from my house I am dreading the time when I have to trudge out and clean it to go to work. In the mean time I am keeping warm watching this:

www.tudou.com/programs/view/BuEBuHHvKWY/

It's the Feb. 1976 Musicladen performance (well, a large chunk of it) uninterrupted, unlike on Youtube or the delicious Pursuit of Illusion CD set (which is split into different videos and my computer can't play them anyway!)

Almost 20 straight minutes of pure awesome. I love every last thing about it. What a great group of guys! GLEE!

Apologizes if this has been shared before or if the link no longer works when you come to this post. I'm trying to figure out something to prevent that from happening. We can't loose this magical stuff!
We've all been through bad times, but you gotta pass on the good stuff to others, not the bad. "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." -Angel
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Merry Early Christmas! 13 years 5 months ago #1727

• cheri
What an awesome site! Wherever did you find it?? I've seen a couple of the videos on YouTube, but not all. I watched EVERY single one. I love the early videos so much. Can't find enough of them. :) Thanks for sharing!

Cheri

Re:Merry Early Christmas! 13 years 5 months ago #1730

• crazy horse
IN PURSUIT OF ILLUSION .i have the same release under a different title (here comes the sun)and i couldnt get it to play at first ,but i kept tryin different things ,and if i remember correctly ,i managed to get it to play using QUICKTIME player,you may need an older/newer version depending on what you already have,i just kept foolin round with different players till one worked

Re:Merry Early Christmas! 13 years 5 months ago #1732

• prima donna
Thank you so much, what a great site, i have been a Harley fan since a child and never seen this footage, it opened my eyes to a few facts, firstly i didnt realise that Lindsey Elliot played with the band after the first Cockney Rebel were sacked? Must have been strange for him to play along on Make Me Smile! And i knew Joe Partridge played for Steve in the eighties, but didnt realise he played with the band in the seventies! It took a new American fan to teach an old English diehard, Respect!!

Also has anyone else noticed the resembelence of Barry Wickens to the young Jim Creegan? Are you sure they are not related!?

And finally i hope Steve has presented the youthful Barry with a gold watch for over 25 years service!

Re:Merry Early Christmas! 13 years 5 months ago #1733

• AlizarinStag
  • Mr. Jinx
Cheri- I'm the queen of scouring. Heh. English speaking countries aren't the only ones to fall under Steve's spell. So I cracked out some youtube like sites from other countries and whamo! Extra footage! :)

Crazy Horse- I think one of my problems is I apparently don't have a video card in my computer, or something. A friend Frankenstein-ed my computer out of spar parts and while I can do the things I need it for, web searching, writing, art, it must be crap with playable files. (I have never tried to run video games on it...) But hey, your advice to fiddle around and try different versions of quicktime sounds like a good one. Fingers crossed.

Prima Donna- Glad you enjoyed it man! Re: Lindsey Elliot. I love seeing Stewart and his lil bro playing together. A very nice family affair. He pops up again in the White White Dove Video (Which I adore BTW)

"It took a new American fan to teach an old English diehard, Respect!!" Anytime man! And back at cha!

Re: Barry- Lord that man is brilliant. Sticking him and Steve together is even more brilliant. I was listening to The Lighthouse on my lunch break yesterday and was almost over taken by emotion!

Did you guys watch the listed version of Make Me Smile? It's my favorite version of the song. So much fun!
We've all been through bad times, but you gotta pass on the good stuff to others, not the bad. "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." -Angel

Re:Merry Early Christmas! 13 years 4 months ago #1757

• AlizarinStag
  • Mr. Jinx
PS: Almost forgot the stocking stuffers-

*Is dead from the devastating amount of awesome*
  • Page: