Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Huddersfield

Huddersfield 13 years 5 months ago #1672

• Harley fan
Just got home from another fantastic gig with SH, Barry and James. A fabulous venue in Huddersfield, where SH didnt think he had been there before but he was on TOP form and loved every second of it. Well, nearly every second! A very quiet, relaxed audience went down very well and SH chatted quite a bit. I love to hear him talk and laugh and sing. EXCELLENT, thanks Steve and lads. Looking forward to Pocklington and of course, New Years Eve.... Bring it on!!
Much love J x :kiss:
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Huddersfield 13 years 5 months ago #1678

• MaryC1000
I agree it was an ace gig. Funny to hear Steve talk about the Judy Teen TOTP experience. I was 10 and it was first time I became conscious of Cockney Rebel. Obviously oblivious to what was really going on at that age, I was spellbound and followed their every move for a few years. Decided it was 'uncool' sometime in the 80's but thankfully a few years later realised what a fab singer/songwriter Steve is. Since last night I have been singing the songs to myself continuously!

Re:Huddersfield 13 years 5 months ago #1679

• malc55
Over two-and-a-half hours of Steve's magic. Great show, loved it. Really enjoyed hearing tracks off the new album and the old favourites never disappoint. He was in good humour too which is always nice (no pun intended).

Nice (oh, there we go again) theatre too. Strange ticketing policy though. There were loads of empty seats towards the front which were unavailable for booking when I booked my ticket. Shame, I would loved to have sat in one. Still, it's a small theatre and my view was fine.

Like many people, I've been on the SH journey for as long as he has and, like him, I have no intention of retiring. See you at New Year. :)