Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Wolverhampton & Buxton Gigs

Wolverhampton & Buxton Gigs 13 years 9 months ago #1137

• paulno1
Manage to get to two gigs as i was on my hols,After seeing the original Cockney Rebel in Manchester in '74,the university shows start of the '80's,The Comeback All Is Forgiven Tour '89,The Accoustic shows to the present band,Hand on heart,I dont think the man has performed better,Being hard to pleased,We travelled to Manchester to Wolverhampton,Was'nt keen on the Wulfrun Hall as i had seen a show there in '95,Prefer Bilston,Met Pete n Mike J in Yate's Wine Lodge,Debs came in and lit the place up with her smile,Craig wanted to see The Lartey Sisters so onwards we went,Harley and the band were awesome,being a sucker for the earlier stuff,the setlist was excellant,No Ritz or Death Trip,Back To The Farm,but that would be asking to much,Mirror Freak and No Bleeding Hearts scuse my language were brilliant,onto Buxton,Great to see Blakey and the incomparable Steve L,Thought Steve looked a bit tired at first but once the band kicked in he was buzzin,Watching the crowd rise to Stuart Elliott was a bit special,The man is a genius who deserves all the plaudits due to him,Thanx Harley and Smithy for the pint,Still wondering where he left it.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Wolverhampton & Buxton Gigs 13 years 9 months ago #1138

• Ray Smith
I did get you one Paul, the same as Debs got Seve one and seen as I coudn't get his attention I drank his lol... made up for it in Bristol by getting Stevie one back (hopefully the great Barry took it off stage to Steve)..so then I got you one in at Bristol Paul mate, but seen as you didn't turn up I had to drown that too!
Please login/register to post on the forum.