Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: BOX-SET

BOX-SET 1 year 3 months ago #13175

• COVENTRY DAVE
I'm sure Steve made comments on Facebook about a box-set due next year..... Any info ? Or did I imagine it.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

BOX-SET 1 year 3 months ago #13176

• Jem 75
Hi COVENTRY DAVE, I'd like to provide an answer for you but I don't 'do' Facebook (something of a social-media 'Luddite', save a few selected sites - including this one :) ).

The other thing (which may or may not have any bearing on Steve's intentions vis-a-vis, his work) is that, not only have I stopped buying CD's, some of the ones I did have, have gone to charity. For me, at least, they weren't as successful as vinyl and of course, people lose all the appeal of vinyl album cover composition, artwork etc. with CD's.

The problem for the consumer (in these difficult times) is that, now, there aren't the economies of scale with vinyl records (even though they are making a comeback, which I'm happy about), so the price of a box set in vinyl would be high. It's a difficult one.

As you know, digital and streaming are the fashionable routes (I like to have some tracks on my stick - but its not as much fun as it was in the 1970's to the 1990's inclusive, for 'my' generation). I suppose we'll have to see what happens.

By the way, I acknowledge the impact of the Specials/ Fun Boy Three (from Coventry also) and one of my most important clients in the period 1999-2009, were from Coventry and I like the people.

All the best to you,
Jem '75
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Jem 75. Reason: Minor typos, other

BOX-SET 1 year 3 months ago #13181

• COVENTRY DAVE
Was all that prevarication supposed to inform me of something ? ?

BOX-SET 1 year 3 months ago #13182

• Jem 75
No Dave, just trying to be friendly and stimulate some discussion via your thread. If you are happier, I won't continue with this, except to say:

Whilst I'm responding, I was saddened to hear of the death of Terry Hall, this week. My condolences to his wife and family and surviving members of the band and all Specials/Fun Boy Three fans. I remember the number of Two Tone 'suits' leaving Blackpool, for the Blackburn gig, in 1980. R.I.P. Terry Hall (1959-2022). Jem.

P.S. Terry Hall's approach was highly original. A talented songwriter and lyricist (often politically charged - which you tend to see less of these days, maybe as an electorate, we've become a little apathetic?!)

Cancer is about mutations in proteins and occurs during cell replication. I studied it in some detail, two (part time) years ago, and health sciences have gone a long way to increasing life expectancy - in the years since 1980 - for many cancers (as I think Stella, may have commented on). I'm glad Terry's illness was short (as reported), and pancreatic cancer is often very aggressive. Viva the NHS and all associated research. J.
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Jem 75. Reason: Correction, Specials played Blackburn, in 1980

BOX-SET 1 year 3 months ago #13183

• DMeeus
  • Belgian fan since November '73
Dave, you are right.
www.steveharley.com/cuttings/1026-seteve...w-hifi-magazine.html

Merry Xmas & Happy New Year
The following user(s) said Thank You: COVENTRY DAVE

BOX-SET 1 year 3 months ago #13184

• DMeeus
  • Belgian fan since November '73
  • Page: