Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Purchase FLAC downloads: Uncovered?

Purchase FLAC downloads: Uncovered? 4 years 2 months ago #13020

• JohnP261
Blown away by Steve’s concert in Harrogate yesterday! Very impressive performance by Steve & the band!

Can anyone tell me if its possible to purchase & download a high quality FLAC version of Uncovered?
Please login/register to post on the forum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Locarno queen

Purchase FLAC downloads: Uncovered? 4 years 2 months ago #13021

• MattB
Hi John, I'm fairly certain that the label Absolute supply all DSP's and perhaps TIDAL is your best port of call for hi-res download of the album. If you are not a member, they do a 30-day free trial I notice! Steve is very keen to have the best quality download available and made sure that TIDAL was included.
Hope this helps! Matt.

Purchase FLAC downloads: Uncovered? 4 years 2 months ago #13022

• JohnP261
Matt - thanks SO much for your reply. Tidal is a great hi-res streaming site. What I'm looking to do is purchase & download high quality (ideally studio master) FLAC files, to play locally on my LINN DS. Does anyone know if this is possible? Many thanks!

Purchase FLAC downloads: Uncovered? 4 years 2 months ago #13023

• MattB
Maybe this could help John. The help page from TIDAL states that it "relies on FLAC" as seen on the link below.
Well done looking for the best quality for your LINN, it's a brand that I know Steve enjoys also!
Hopefully you can report some success with this!
support.tidal.com/hc/en-us/articles/2030...-Fidelity-HiFi-Sound

Purchase FLAC downloads: Uncovered? 4 years 2 months ago #13024

• JohnP261
Thanks again, Matt - advice is really appreciated! The TIDAL site will use FLAC files at their end, which they will stream. The issues is I want to purchase / download the original FLAC files to use on my system. I can't currently see a way of doing this! For example, like I do with classical music from www.linnrecords.com

Purchase FLAC downloads: Uncovered? 4 years 1 month ago #13041

• Samual
Tidal songs can be downloaded with a premium account and played inside the app. To play them offline in other apps in high quality, the AudFree Tidal Music Converter from AudFree website can help you. You can get Tidal MP3 files for your personal use.
  • Page: