Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Steve Harley acoustic trio Herne Bay 15/3/19

Steve Harley acoustic trio Herne Bay 15/3/19 5 years 1 month ago #12896

• Charmpri
What a fabulous early birthday present this gig was! I’ve seen this great song-smith so many times but this gig is going right near the top for musical quality and sheer enjoyment.

A packed hall was treated to faultless song after song including well chosen covers. The ad/lib conversation with the audience was at times hilarious and at other times touching. SH has a way of addressing the crowd that makes you feel he is addressing you personally. He even remained courteous when asking an audience member to refrain from taking flash photography during the songs.

There is definitely a real depth to his live performances - Ordinary People never sounded better and this rendition made up for our aborted trip to Hilvesum last year. I enjoyed this evening so much I am simply going to have to see him again this year so I have booked tickets for Margate in September.

Keep on keeping on Steve and guys.
I know what faith is and what it's worth.
Last Edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Charmpri. Reason: Updated having just booked tickets for Margate.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Steve Harley acoustic trio Herne Bay 15/3/19 5 years 1 month ago #12897

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
I went to Dartford last night with John. Great little venue.
The trio were on fire and it was the best Harley concert I have been to in a long time. There was a great mix of songs from across the years - something for everyone.
Barry's "Lighthouse" was sublime. I love it when Barry and James leave their positions and play next to Steve. It's such a thrill. They're so tight.
The audience were pretty sedate and needed some encouragement to sing along but I prefer that. I had a whole table full of abysmal singers right behind me at Pizza Express a month ago. Hideous. I don't understand why some come along and can't just listen?
We all know the bits we can join in with, don't we?
I'm enjoying the raconteur on the stool too. I love a good story and Steve tells them so well.
Was exhausted when I got home as I'd been to see Tom Hiddleston in Betrayal in the afternoon. (I highly recommend it, by the way).
Two heart-throbs in one day.
What have I done to deserve it? :)
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.
Last Edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Stella Day.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cheri

Steve Harley acoustic trio Herne Bay 15/3/19 5 years 1 month ago #12899

• zafod
Another fabulous performance from Steve, Barry and James! My wife and I went to see and hear Steve, Barry and James at Herne Bay. This was probably my 40th time seeing him over the years (first time was at the Hammersmith Odeon in 1975). I have thoroughly enjoyed each and every performance (especially the Birmingham Human Menagerie/Psychomodo gig). The only thing that spoiled my enjoyment this time was the poor sound quality, especially at the start (it did improve somewhat in the second session). It seemed very distorted at full volume. This is in no way a criticism of Steve or the band, who all gave a brilliant performance, but may have been due to the acoustics of the venue or the sound equipment not being set up correctly. It was mentioned by other people attending so was not just me who experienced this. Despite this, it was a great evenings entertainment and I'm really looking forward to seeing Steve and the band again in the near future. Well done guys!
The following user(s) said Thank You: cheri