Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Holborn

Holborn 5 years 11 months ago #12733

• MattB
What a wonderful atmosphere in last night's show in Holborn! Speaking with many other fans, we all agreed that the close-up and personal presentation really delivered excellence and made for another memorable red-letter day in our Steve Harley calendar. What a trio! We witnessed three friends, doing what they do best, enjoying every moment as indeed we were: from the locked-in powerful performance such as the 5/4 section of Sling It! to the audience take-over that made for a heartfelt The Best Years Of Our Lives.
The late stroll through London's West End stated that it was a long show, but it all seemed to pass in a flash and as usual we can't wait until the next show, with Steve up there in sublime form with the magnificence of Barry & James, truly top people.
I have to take this opportunity to say hello to the couple that traveled all the way from Glasgow for the VIP show and the lady that drove down from Norfolk on the next table!
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Holborn 5 years 11 months ago #12736

• mdmoonlighter
Holborn Friday night -Pizza Express Live-What a venue, what a performance what good people Steve and the band have following them.The minstrals were in a league of their own .Personnel favourites on the night were Coast of Amalfi, All the men are Hungry and as Matt said Best Years of our lives, this was truly mesmerising.

Matt I think you may be talking about Myself and Liz the 'couple from Glasgow' we met upstairs in the restaurant .Thank you it was a pleasure meeting with you and Simon and was grateful for all the info that you passed on to us, it made for an even better pre concert appetiser going into the sound check.Bye the way you were so right about all the band members, special people -special memories!

Now looking forward to Glasgow Concert Hall.

Alan E

Holborn 5 years 11 months ago #12737

• MattB
Yes indeed Alan & Liz, I did not presume to write your names up here on the forum... Simon & I were happy and inspired to meet you also and we wanted to say good-bye at the end, but time just flew with so many to meet with. I hope that we may meet up again, back on the road enjoying the live shows. Enjoy Glasgow!