Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: After Dagenham

After Dagenham 6 years 8 months ago #12396

• iantanner
For those of you who know me, or read my 'in frequent' posts, you will know that Steve invited two of my daughters on stage at Chelsea and they both 'sung' or tried to sing "All In A Life's Work"" with Steve (unfortunately, neither of them sound anything like Susan Harvey!)
and they both had some banter with him on stage. Well you can't truly understand what this feels like to me. I'm nearly sixty, love SH&CR and have met Steve several times and chatted with him, he really is a lovely, lovely man. After tonight's show at Dagenham, the girls were once again able to meet Steve to thank him for 'Chelsea'. They then Facetimed me (I'm out in Spain) and Steve spent an incredible amount of time speaking with me and my wife Sue. I was absolutely shook up! The LEGEND that is Steve Harley chatting on FaceTime to me says it all. What have I done to deserve this? I truly thank you Steve and I look forward to coming over to the UK in September and hearing you sing some Bolan songs at Shepherds Bush. I may be getting old(er) but life gets better and better. X
Please login/register to post on the forum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stalmaross

After Dagenham 6 years 8 months ago #12397

• jathayer
How many more times are you going to post this?

After Dagenham 6 years 8 months ago #12398

• iantanner
I didn't think it had gone on previously, it only shows up once when I log on, if it bothers you that much, just slowly close your eyes next time you go through the posts and you won't see it! As the Meerkats say 'Simples' - have a nice day

After Dagenham 6 years 8 months ago #12399

• jathayer
That would be easy if you did not keep changing the title,,Still at least you have had some replies on this one..

After Dagenham 6 years 8 months ago #12400

• robertotechno
Am I alone in feeling completely bamboozled by jathayer's posts? Ian Tanner's really lovely tribute to Steve only comes up once on my PC. That must have been a real thrill, Ian - the girls singing on stage with SH!!

After Dagenham 6 years 8 months ago #12403

• iantanner
Thank you Roberto. Positivity should be 'key' on this forum. I like to think of us SH&CR fans as a family and anyone having negative thoughts or reactions (which they are entitled to of course) just keep it to yourselves. I love reading the posts on here, so much information and so much love for Steve, his music and of course the band.
  • Page: