Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Avalon Stage Success

Avalon Stage Success 6 years 9 months ago #12299

• RachelPAtoSH
Just so you know, Steve had a fantastic night playing for 65 minutes at Glastonbury as Headline on the Avalon Stage
Almost 5000 sang from the very start and applauded songs like Journey's End and All In A Life's Work like old favourites. Steve introduced the crowd to his grandson, Cameron, to wild applause!
Just to clarify for some of Steve's fans who follow musicians linked to Steve's career, there is a slightly ambiguous impression on Robbie's Facebook that he himself was "playing Glastonbury" as his own act, rather than as a member of Steve's band - one of the followers even asked if he'll play "Sylvia". Don't think that's ever been on Steve's set-list. Not at all Robbie's fault of course,. Just want to clarify the confusion!! Paul Cuddeford is on guitar at Frome and Warrington and throughout the summer. Remember, a DVD is being made of Warrington. But last night was great - Steve's fourth Glastonbury appearance.
Please login/register to post on the forum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cheri, Munchkin1, MirrorFreak52

Avalon Stage Success 6 years 9 months ago #12300

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
Thanks Rachel. Not surprised that Steve was well appreciated by the crowd but I'm sure little Cameron stole their hearts.
Looking forward to our trip to Warrington (which is still being kept a surprise for Martha).
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.
Last Edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Stella Day.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cheri

Avalon Stage Success 6 years 9 months ago #12302

• Maggie Jones
I hope we get lots of reviews here - what set did Steve play, how was the atmosphere etc.?

Avalon Stage Success 6 years 9 months ago #12305

• swainstong
Not a lot of info regarding the performance at Glastonbury, BBC search won' even find Steve when I search for artist.
No picture or video available unless others know different.
Did enjoy what I seen of Glastonbury but working over weekend I missed most of it stuck on an Oil Rig.

Avalon Stage Success 6 years 9 months ago #12307

• ian159
BBC didn't cover the Avalon stage so unless an independent was filming doubt we'll get to see it , unless there's plans from SH to issue a DVD?

Avalon Stage Success 6 years 9 months ago #12308

• FALLAJ
Disappointed that the "Beeb" did not televise any of Steve's performance, another case of Steve not getting the exposure he deserves.
  • Page: