Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Music Box 1986

Music Box 1986 6 years 11 months ago #12190

• ajsmith
New to YouTube I believe - Steve on Music Box, promoting the Phantom of the Opera single and being asked for his opinion on various music videos:

Please login/register to post on the forum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cheri

Music Box 1986 6 years 11 months ago #12192

• MattB
Most enjoyable AJS, many thanks. Steve takes great command of the occasion which makes this most entertaining! Fair do's, the presenter does a good job too , keeping it all flowing.

Music Box 1986 6 years 11 months ago #12193

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
Thanks Ajsmith. Very entertaining indeed. My favourite line was from his scathing critique of Kiss's. "Uh All Night"
Steve said "They do absolutely nothing for me except make me want to leave the room" Priceless.
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.
Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Stella Day.

Music Box 1986 6 years 11 months ago #12194

• ajsmith
MattB wrote:
Most enjoyable AJS, many thanks. Steve takes great command of the occasion which makes this most entertaining! Fair do's, the presenter does a good job too , keeping it all flowing.

You're welcome Matt - it's always great to find new uploads of interesting footage. Definitely an enjoyable watch!

Stella Day wrote:
Thanks Ajsmith. Very entertaining indeed. My favourite line was from his scathing critique of Kiss's. "Uh All Night"
Steve said "They do absolutely nothing for me except make me want to leave the room" Priceless.

I agree Stella - one of the best moments of the show!

I know I've mentioned it on the forum before but I'm a massive Slade fan and yet bands like Kiss have never really appealed to me. I 100% agree with Steve's comments on them. Slade had a unique, distinctive sound, which Kiss and many other American bands emulated and 'Americanised', but to these ears they've always sounded artificial and clichéd as a result. For me they lack those essential qualities that made Slade what they were.
Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by ajsmith. Reason: Add space

Music Box 1986 6 years 11 months ago #12195

• MattB
Once more I concur AJS and as you know I have also a few Slade recollections for my memoirs. Their Producer, the great John Punter began calling them 'Sla-day' in reference to the name of the lady featured in this Music Box video whom Steve "didn't think she had forty minutes in her!"

Music Box 1986 6 years 11 months ago #12196

• ajsmith
MattB wrote:
Once more I concur AJS and as you know I have also a few Slade recollections for my memoirs. Their Producer, the great John Punter began calling them 'Sla-day' in reference to the name of the lady featured in this Music Box video whom Steve "didn't think she had forty minutes in her!"

Indeed Matt, you must have many wonderful anecdotes to tell! I just had to refer to your website to remind myself of all the different artists you've worked with.

Glad to hear Mr Punter was not short of humour working with the band! He gave them a very polished sound didn't he, but in my opinion it worked well.