Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Mill Rythe Gig

Mill Rythe Gig 6 years 11 months ago #12179

• Andy88
Just got back from Mill Rythe holiday camp in Hayling. As always Steve and the band were outstanding.
Half of the crowd, like me, were there to see the band and seemed to appreciate every minute of it.
Unfortunately, the other half seemed to be made up from extras out of 'Last of the summer wine'!!! Not only did they not seem to have a clue what was going on, but seemed to think that chatting all the way through was perfectly acceptable. And when the mobility scooter trundled across the floor in front of the stage half way through Sebastian, it would have made quite a comedy moment was I not already about to strangle a pensioner!!!!
Anyway, it didn't detract from it being a fantastic gig and I'm already looking forward to the next
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Mill Rythe Gig 6 years 11 months ago #12180

• jollyroger
Ha!! Sounds hilarious, you don't mention whether Steve reacted to the mobility scooter incident. A couple of the band's Butlins shows have been fantastic.

Mill Rythe Gig 6 years 11 months ago #12182

• Andy88
No reaction. I think the lights were distracting enough for it not to be noticed from the stage!!! Just a surreal moment from another memorable gig.

Mill Rythe Gig 6 years 11 months ago #12188

• Munchkin1
Just to say.....extras from The Last of the Summer Wine would have much more respect......after all, Holmfirth is where SHCR do some of the best gigs!!