Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: She Belongs To Me.

She Belongs To Me. 7 years 6 months ago #11866

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
She Belongs To Me.
The more I play it, the more I love it.
It's so good you could have written it yourself !
So in Bob's honour as a Nobel prize winner I think it would be an appropriate tribute to him so......
..........Please play this on the acoustic tour Steve.
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.
Please login/register to post on the forum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cheri

She Belongs To Me. 7 years 6 months ago #11867

• MattB
Yes! Yes! I agree entirely....

She Belongs To Me. 7 years 6 months ago #11869

• cheri
I really love it, too, and am hoping it will be included in future concerts after this season since I won't be there for the tour this year. Or maybe someone can put it on YouTube so I can see Steve play it. :cheer:

Cheri

She Belongs To Me. 7 years 5 months ago #11880

• Stella Day
Great night at Tunbridge Wells last night. A gruelling 16 mile journey took us one hour and forty minutes (Psychomodo CD played 3 times) and we had to be shown to our seats a little way in through the first set. Steve's trio played all three songs I asked for, "Dino", Stranger Comes To Town" and "She Belongs To Me". He played many others, of course, but I don't write down set-lists - safe to say I think there are a few surprises in store for some. His harmonica gave up on him and he was going to give it away. Hands soared, cries of "Me! Me!". He called Martha (my 7th daughter) to the stage and gave it to her after first kissing her hand. What a gent!! Martha was lost for words and very excited. We met with Steve afterwards at the Stage Door. There was quite a crowd and he was most obliging; signing CD's, posters, tshirts etc. No time to talk for long. It was freezing out there and I didn't want to keep him out in the cold. He signed Martha's harmonica, shook my hand and was charming. He asked how I was. As he got in the car I wanted to shout out "Have you got time for a quick selfie?" I didn't. Aaaaaagh! :pinch:
I did however get a few pictures of Steve and Martha and a couple with James. (James and Barry were lovely and very happy to talk at the stage door too)
Must get a better camera or a smartphone! :laugh:
Attachments:
Last Edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Stella Day.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cheri

She Belongs To Me. 7 years 5 months ago #11886

• RichW
Great concert yet again!!
Very nice gesture giving Stella's daughter Martha, Steve's harmonica.
I've been looking to learn the harmonica myself but wondered what make / model Steve uses and what key it is in. If Stella or Rachel can help, I can get online and order one asap :)

Also, does anyone know if the islington gig is all standing?

She Belongs To Me. 7 years 5 months ago #11887

• Stella Day

I'd been looking forward to it all year. Wednesday night was so special- or as the French(and I) would say "inoubliable" (unforgettable) and Martha was so taken aback when Steve called her name. The harmonica's in her bedroom drawer.....I'll just go and get it........ It's a Hohner Blues Harp. It has the letter G on it (so presumably in the key of "G"?)
Here's a link to exactly the right one on Amazon. Be quick-it's the last one!!

www.amazon.co.uk/Hohner-Blues-Harp-MS-Ha...=hohner+blues+harp+G

Order now and you might be able to get him to give it a blast and sign it for you at Islington's stage door? ;)

Islington is seated but unreserved seating.
Last Edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Stella Day.
  • Page: