Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Steve with Jools

Steve with Jools 7 years 5 months ago #11839

• cheri
I was there, listening along with several others, and I loved it! It was a cool experience knowing that many of us were sharing the same moments together. :) The highlight for me was Steve singing, "She Belongs to Me," a Bob Dylan song that he performed brilliantly. It reminded me of the very first live concert by Steve that I attended in 2011 at the Indigo O2 where he included another Bob Dylan song, "Absolutely Sweet Marie," as part of his set list for that year's tour. What a treat! And today, the same feeling. Surprise and joy. :) Is there anyone here who knows how to extrapolate that song from the interview so we can listen again? What great song choices. And then, as usual, the time went quickly. 1/2 hour just didn't seem like enough. But when is it ever enough? We'd wear Steve out with all of our requests for songs, and who would want to do that??? The interview itself revealed things I have never heard before and, to me, it is comforting just to hear him talk. :) I'm so happy to have heard it live (thanks, Deborah Rollings for reminding us that the show was about to begin). Wish it could have been a full hour, but enjoyed the entire experience. Thanks, Steve :)

Cheri
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Steve with Jools 7 years 5 months ago #11840

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
cheri wrote:
I was there, listening along with several others, and I loved it! It was a cool experience knowing that many of us were sharing the same moments together. :) The highlight for me was Steve singing, "She Belongs to Me," a Bob Dylan song that he performed brilliantly. It reminded me of the very first live concert by Steve that I attended in 2011 at the Indigo O2 where he included another Bob Dylan song, "Absolutely Sweet Marie," as part of his set list for that year's tour. What a treat! And today, the same feeling. Surprise and joy. :) Is there anyone here who knows how to extrapolate that song from the interview so we can listen again? What great song choices. And then, as usual, the time went quickly. 1/2 hour just didn't seem like enough. But when is it ever enough? We'd wear Steve out with all of our requests for songs, and who would want to do that??? The interview itself revealed things I have never heard before and, to me, it is comforting just to hear him talk. :) I'm so happy to have heard it live (thanks, Deborah Rollings for reminding us that the show was about to begin). Wish it could have been a full hour, but enjoyed the entire experience. Thanks, Steve :)

Cheri

We're lucky here in the UK. We can listen to the whole show again on the iplayer. www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07xxrjl

We can also, if we scroll down on that listen again page, play or add a song to your own playlist.(My Music)
See where it says
Music Played
and then "Add music you love and enjoy it with My Tracks."
Click on that bit and register for an account.
Then you can go back to the playlist and add that wonderful rendition of Bob Dylan's song "She Belongs To Me" or any other song that was played on the show........or even any other BBC Radio show.
I listened to the show in bed and fell asleep during "I Want To Hold Your Hand" waking just after midnight so I've only just listened again to the show.
Well worth a listen.
And Steve if you could play "She Belongs to me" on the acoustic tour I think it would go down a storm!
Release it as a single........or perhaps consider doing a covers album?

P.S. The show's well worth a listen guys.
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Steve with Jools 7 years 5 months ago #11841

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
See above (below?)
Here's the link for registering for a BBC account.

www.bbc.com/register

(so you can download the songs played from the iplayer page and keep them for later)

Here's the link to the show on iplayer.

www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07xxrjl
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stewart g

Steve with Jools 7 years 5 months ago #11842

• stewart g
Thanks for the link Stella.Loved the Dylan cover.....Time for a covers album Steve?

Steve with Jools 7 years 5 months ago #11844

• jollyroger
Just heard the show, thanks for the link, Stella. What an entertaining guest Steve always is. So many stories and always something new, one or more that we've never heard before. There's a great book in there, Steve!! The Dylan cover is simply beautiful. A really great reading of a great lyric. You've never sounded better. Reg

Steve with Jools 7 years 5 months ago #11845

• therebel
Didn't get to listen live but had a quick look listen tonight always good to hear mr h talk but I have to say I kinda like listening to Steve playing Steve stuff I'm always ready to hear the odd cover ( nowadays everyone does some) but Steve has been a huge part of my life with his music lyrics musings and that's what I prefer to hear his lyrics that's what's so damn god good about the man. I sit there and think I bet Dylan wishes he'd wrote some of the great stuff steve has done lol I'll probably get slated for saying this but hey ho have fun all see you soon I hope at a Harley gig
Was in a frenzy from the midnight air when I saw the light
I realized only children can live upon a timeless flight