Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Steve with Jools

Steve with Jools 7 years 6 months ago #11846

• jollyroger
Hi therebel, just so everyone knows, the Special Guest on Jools on Radio 2 show always plays a cover of another writer's song. They never play one of their own, I guess that is part of the deal when they agree to go on the show. They play a cover with Jools and his band. But we did get Stranger and Friend For Life. I agree, who wouldn't, that Mr H is one of the great. most emotional lyricists ever, but he does make a great job of singing the words of others, too. I thought his "She Belongs To Me" was sublime...and the band played as if they really cared. I'll be at the Stables gig, so if you're there, I'll introduce myself. Reg
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Steve with Jools 7 years 6 months ago #11847

• cheri
Hey, Stella, I finally was able to download, "She Belongs to Me," using your instructions. But, all I am able to download is the small taste of the song they play when listing the song choices. I am unable to listen to the entire song. Also, I thought it would download to my phone, where I could use it for ringtones, listening, etc., but apparently it's only available if I log on to my BBC radio app, and as I said, it's not the whole thing. Am I doing something wrong? And, thanks for being the girl with the answers. :) Where would we be without your links. ;)

Cheri

Steve with Jools 7 years 6 months ago #11857

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
You're right Cheri. It only lets you hear a snippet, I think. But it occurred to me...... Doesn't anyone ever, any crouch by the radio or telly with a microphone and record anything anymore?
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Stella Day. Reason: Crap.

Steve with Jools 7 years 6 months ago #11858

• andyfearon
You can hear the song in full on the home page of this website, third news story down.

Steve with Jools 7 years 6 months ago #11859

• Stella Day
Thanks Andy. You've made a monkey out of me. :laugh:

It sounds great!

Steve with Jools 7 years 6 months ago #11861

• Stella Day
andyfearon wrote:
You can hear the song in full on the home page of this website, third news story down.

Wow. Just noticed that this can be downloaded too. Thanks Andy. :kiss: