Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The last time I saw you

The last time I saw you 7 years 8 months ago #11752

• gunnli
I had the pleasure of attending Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel’s concert in Langesund Norway this summer. Even though it rained, Steve and Cockney Rebel immediately brought the sun into our hearts and souls. I've been a fan since 1975, and naturally have collected all (?) Steve has produced with or without Cockney Rebel. One of my recent favorites is "The last time I saw you." I am actually carrying it with me most of the days during a week, and sometimes I’m not able to get it out of my head! I never get tired of the beautiful, poetic lyric, combined with Steve’s charming voice and accent. (I’m not forgetting the perfect instrumental performances either, of course). But I do not entirely understand the lyrics. Is it a love song to a woman, to a man ( "my sweet compadre"), a family member, a close friend who has passed away? Although I love Steve's wonderful, sometimes subtle poetry, I still find myself wanting to know more about this beautiful ballad. Can you help me, Steve? Or anyone else?
Please login/register to post on the forum.